DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Control Stick Module Replacement & Partial Disassembly Video

Kuykenstuff

Reactions
So my DJI RC took a fall and the thumbstick jammed way down into the unit and was non functional. There aren't any videos or step by step guides for the RC tear down, so I followed a forum post here on this website and filmed my repair/replacement. There's more details about everything, but if you're planning on opening an RC up I would suggest watching the opening and the reassembly because I point out where all the plastic clips join together and it would have been very helpful for me to have known before I started the endeavor.

Anyways, hope this helps someone out there!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Great! Will help with locating that pesky transducer inside that makes the heart attack beeping sound at 10% battery! Needs to be muffled!

• Haha
Reactions: Kuykenstuff
It’s not the beep that’s causing your heart attack its the thought of loosing your drone in the next 3 minutes 😂
Been there, done that! It was 2 minutes and 30 seconds past 0%. The 10% and under beeping, however, is excessively loud and very distracting, and also annoying to everyone within 200 yards, which attracts their very much unwanted attention, which can be really distracting when you are confronted by them, while needing full attention bringing the drone back for a hand catch, so you can disappear unnoticed quickly!

Actually, after modding the RC Pro by drilling a hole in the case, someone discovered that it is completely unnecessary, as even the transducer can be silenced with the volume control on the RC Pro. Same with the DJI RC. Once you turn the volume down to zero, it asks if you want to silence the transducer too! Good on DJI! Can't do that on the RC-N1 or the Mavic 2 controller! Have to drill a hole in both for a quiet landing!

Reactions: Kuykenstuff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13