DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Pro no longer supports HDMI Out

Other than the HDMI-Out problem, do you love the RC PRO? I'm deciding between keeping my RC-N1 and getting a new iPad mini, or getter the RC-PRO.

Obviously the iPad has no hdmi but the screen is larger and third party software installation is simple. Appreciate feedback.

OK, it's been more than two months since the OP's original post. Has this been answered (Yes) and resolved? In view of what we know so far, the thread title does not fully describe the problem. It's obviously a hardware failure and NOT the loss of an advertised feature. Misleading thread title.

Several days ago I got my RC Pro remote back from DJI regarding the HDMI-out issue. As you may recall, my HDMI-out worked fine for a while, then got glitchy, then quit altogether. DJI covered the repair. Upon initial testing it appears to work as intended but I haven't field tested / put it through any "abuse". As always with those smaller HDMI connections, I'm suspicious as to how rugged they are over time. Overall it took about 8 days to get it back and DJI was very good with keeping me posted throughout the process from receipt, to diagnosis to repair status to return shipping. A+.

Moral: if you are having issues connecting your RC Pro to an external monitor like an Atomos via the HDMI-out connection, you may have one of the "bad-batch" remotes like myself and the OP?

OK, it's been more than two months since the OP's original post. Has this been answered (Yes) and resolved? In view of what we know so far, the thread title does not fully describe the problem. It's obviously a hardware failure and NOT the loss of an advertised feature. Misleading thread title.
Correct, it's not a lost advertised feature. What's not super clear to me is whether or not there was a bad run of early RC Pro remotes with regard to the HDMI-out system or did we somehow, as my dad would say, "booger" the physical connection?

Other than the HDMI-Out problem, do you love the RC PRO? I'm deciding between keeping my RC-N1 and getting a new iPad mini, or getter the RC-PRO.

Obviously the iPad has no hdmi but the screen is larger and third party software installation is simple. Appreciate feedback.
Yep, I really like it. Not having to charge/worry about the battery status of a separate unit like a tablet or phone is a game-changer. You can be up and running much much faster. The screen, the battery life, the customization of the buttons, the range, and the HDMI-out port so that others (like an art director) can watch along are all great features.

I was preparing a live stream with multiple cameras on a switcher today when I discovered I can no longer use HDMI Out with the DJI RC Pro. I have used it many times in the past. DJI Customer Care cannot provide an explanation or a solution. I have tried multiple different new and unused cables, refreshed firmware, factory reset and installed firmware on the radio using the app and DJI Assistant on the PC and I have carefully inspected the physical HDMI port on the radio with a microscope revealing no damage or wear. When I navigate to the display settings in the remote, there is no advance settings or options visible on the HDMI selection either. This is a new problem. Has anyone else with the RC Pro noticed this problem?

Here is a link to the YouTube Video showing exactly what I'm seeing:

Thanks for any help!
The title of this thread is inaccurate and misleading. We're sorry that you have had an equipment problem but the title wouls make one think that DJI has disabled and no longer supports HDMI out. Please change the title of this thread.

I’m having the same issue, no HDMI out although it was working fine before (certainly prior to the last firmware update). We were on set today and I couldn’t get a display to our Atomos monitor / recorder. I have tried two cables but nothing. In the display settings there is an HDMI section but when you click on it there is nothing there.

Very frustrating today, the director had to look over my shoulder at the tiny RC Pro screen! From what I have read in this and other threads makes it look like a hardware issue, but I can’t see how it would just stop working like that, we were using it for live streaming in November.

Reactions: Ridgeback65
I’m having the same issue, no HDMI out although it was working fine before (certainly prior to the last firmware update). We were on set today and I couldn’t get a display to our Atomos monitor / recorder. I have tried two cables but nothing. In the display settings there is an HDMI section but when you click on it there is nothing there.

Very frustrating today, the director had to look over my shoulder at the tiny RC Pro screen! From what I have read in this and other threads makes it look like a hardware issue, but I can’t see how it would just stop working like that, we were using it for live streaming in November.
Get on with DJI support about this. They will run you thru a few trouble shooting things (which you've prob already done most if not all) and ultimately they will ask you to send it in. Mine was under warranty and they turned it around fast. I think maybe there was a bad batch of these?

Reactions: RoryG
Get on with DJI support about this. They will run you thru a few trouble shooting things (which you've prob already done most if not all) and ultimately they will ask you to send it in. Mine was under warranty and they turned it around fast. I think maybe there was a bad batch of these?
Thanks, but unfortunately it's out of warranty. I'll still contact them and see if they will fix it. I have an RC-N1 and a RC I can use while it's getting fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura