DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC with Drones of Other Mftrs?

cue

Reactions
Being real new at this with a (now drowned) Mini 2, I'm wondering if this is anything like RC airplanes where one remote controller can be used with multiple aircraft. (Although I guess the receiver had to be the same.)
That is, if DJI doesn't give me a break on a replacement, will the RC work with any other drones? And what if I wanted to replace the Mini 2 with an Air 2? Would that work?

That is, if DJI doesn't give me a break on a replacement, will the RC work with any other drones? And what if I wanted to replace the Mini 2 with an Air 2? Would that work?
DJI uses a proprietary system for controller/drone communication. (Occusync).
That's not compatible with systems used by other manufacturers.

Reactions: Thomas B
Being real new at this with a (now drowned) Mini 2, I'm wondering if this is anything like RC airplanes where one remote controller can be used with multiple aircraft. (Although I guess the receiver had to be the same.)
Welcome to the Forum.

Being new you might not know about the Smart Controller which has been gaining value do to its growing number of Drones that it can control , add a Alientech Booster and its another game changer for a super strong signal for all those drones.

Now you can control the Air 2 : Mavic 2 and Phantom 4v2
Other than that every Drone has its own controller

We think the Air 2 is the drone of the decade so you cannot go wrong .

If your worried about dunking that one at your favorite watering hole
we make the Rescue Jacket for the Air 2 and its a game changer to protecting your drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: ehje
Both replies very helpful.
And I had already discovered the Rescue Jacket, but too late. If I continue with the Mini 2, that will be a purchase.
But just to be clear: will my existing non-smart standard RC that came with the Mini 2 work with an Air 2?
And could a new Mini 2 or Air 2 be bound to my existing Care/Refresh policy in place of the lost Mini 2?

Your RC works with both Air 2 and Mini 2, yes.
Care isn't transferrable, only way to keep it is to be able to make use of it with your existing aircraft (i.e. get your hands on it).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre