DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Re goggles recording

Vick

Reactions
Good evening everyone I've been struggling for over a year now to get my DJI racing edition goggles to record live you from my Mavic Pro. Screen capture works perfectly but recording live view from my Mavic only does a 1 kilobyte file. There must be a screen resolution or something I'm missing to allow it to capture the MP4 file but I've been unable to work out what I'm doing wrong I've been through the manual many times it's no help as far as I can workout. I hope it's something really simple that I'm just missing I need someone with some experience and getting it to work but I can so far been able to find anyone who knows exact settings I need can anyone help me please. I've had my magic now for 2 years and the goggles for every year and I could not be happier with either except for one small thing not being able to record live you from my Mavic

Attachments

• 20200423_224026.jpg
    20200423_224026.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20200423_224006.jpg
    20200423_224006.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 28
Welcome to the forum Vick.
I'll follow this, as I've only recently got the RE's and haven't tried this record feature yet, not even a screen capture.

Just noted, you have one 18kb file there, how long do the 1kb and 18kb mp4 play ?

Good luck hopefully someone that does this with their will be along soon.

Welcome to the forum Vick.
I'll follow this, as I've only recently got the RE's and haven't tried this record feature yet, not even a screen capture.

Just noted, you have one 18kb file there, how long do the 1kb and 18kb mp4 play ?

Good luck hopefully someone that does this with their will be along soon.
Yes that is correct the 18 kilobyte file when played is just a quick flash just enough to see an image what was in front of the drone at the time.
So it definitely gives me hope I'm on the verge of getting it right I only need someone who knows or can tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks for that.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes that is correct the 18 kilobyte file when played is just a quick flash just enough to see an image what was in front of the drone at the time.
So it definitely gives me hope I'm on the verge of getting it right I only need someone who knows or can tell me what I'm doing wrong thanks for that.

I'll finally try this when I next go out to fly, some more park flights testing and getting used to the goggles are definitely needed !!
It might be a week or two yet though.
I can at least check taking a screenshot, and try taking some video of the goggles view.
If I can, I'll try and check settings on the goggles for everything.

I'll finally try this when I next go out to fly, some more park flights testing and getting used to the goggles are definitely needed !!
It might be a week or two yet though.
I can at least check taking a screenshot, and try taking some video of the goggles view.
If I can, I'll try and check settings on the goggles for everything.
Thankyou, anything you can find out would be great help

Good evening everyone I've been struggling for over a year now to get my DJI racing edition goggles to record live you from my Mavic Pro. Screen capture works perfectly but recording live view from my Mavic only does a 1 kilobyte file. There must be a screen resolution or something I'm missing to allow it to capture the MP4 file but I've been unable to work out what I'm doing wrong I've been through the manual many times it's no help as far as I can workout. I hope it's something really simple that I'm just missing I need someone with some experience and getting it to work but I can so far been able to find anyone who knows exact settings I need can anyone help me please. I've had my magic now for 2 years and the goggles for every year and I could not be happier with either except for one small thing not being able to record live you from my Mavic

I'm not sure I really understand the question? I have the Goggles RE and the mavic zoom. I just flew the Mav with the goggles yesterday and they always amaze me. you can get such cool footage. I just hit the record button on the goggles and it records to the SD Card in the Mavic. I don't have a SD card in the goggles. Is that what your trying to do? Record directly to the goggles?

I'm not sure I really understand the question? I have the Goggles RE and the mavic zoom. I just flew the Mav with the goggles yesterday and they always amaze me. you can get such cool footage. I just hit the record button on the goggles and it records to the SD Card in the Mavic. I don't have a SD card in the goggles. Is that what your trying to do? Record directly to the goggles?
Yes exactly a long double pres records screen shot no problem but i cannot get it to record videos, exactly how or what do you press to start recording on the goggles thanks

Yes exactly a long double pres records screen shot no problem but i cannot get it to record videos, exactly how or what do you press to start recording on the goggles thanks

So, you are just trying to find how to start recording a video using the goggles?

Initially, when you turn them on they default to Photo mode. White circle on the lower right hand side in the goggles view. One tap on the pad will take a photo. If you swipe forward until you get the Red Record button. Then one tap on the pad will start Video recording and one tap will then stop it.

So, you are just trying to find how to start recording a video using the goggles?

Initially, when you turn them on they default to Photo mode. White circle on the lower right hand side in the goggles view. One tap on the pad will take a photo. If you swipe forward until you get the Red Record button. Then one tap on the pad will start Video recording and one tap will then stop it.
Not quite I have no problem using the goggles to activate recording on the Mavic's SD card or taking pictures on the Mavic's SD card.
Also no problem taking a screenshot on the goggles SD card. (with a long press with two fingers on the touch pad). I just can't get the goggles to record live view video the SD card in the goggles

Reactions: Azarov
Not quite I have no problem using the goggles to activate recording on the Mavic's SD card or taking pictures on the Mavic's SD card.
Also no problem taking a screenshot on the goggles SD card. (with a long press with two fingers on the touch pad). I just can't get the goggles to record live view video the SD card in the goggles
Oh.. Ok. I have not tried this one. I will have to get a sd card in my goggles and give it a shot.

Anyone have a update on this how to record to the sd card in the goggles?
So we can record what we see in the goggles and it records it to the sd card in the goggles.

I just did a word search for record and then screen in the manual for the goggles and only found references for screen shots and not record screen. Are you sure it is capable of doing this?

Yes on page 19 of the manual
(paragraph G)

that menu does not show on the goggles as they have in their picture

Unfortunately my manual does not have any reference. I have the original white goggles.

Attached the manual :)

Attachments

• DJI_Goggles_RE_User_Manual_EN.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
I see what you are talking about. My goggles do not even have the menu bar at the bottom of the screen so clearly, the goggles RE are different.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan