DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh *doesn't* cover sunk drones!?

Keep us posted! Would like to hear that DJI relents and replaces the Mavic 2 under the DJI Care Refresh or at least offers a substantial discount on a replacement.

Let me know if/ when you get a replacement and we can work on adapting this 3 D printed mount for the Getterback that allows mounting to the Mavic 2 . This design is for the Mavic 1 , but can be adapted to fit.
There is even a version for dual mount getterbacks . One on each side of the Mavic that may be better for balance and redundancy.

Mavic Pro Getterback side saddle mount (with optional flasher) by Jamie-Clay

hey OP.

How deep is that harbor?

Are there any dive clubs near there? if its not too deep, im sure they could love to recover it and could be much cheaper?

hey OP.

How deep is that harbor?

Are there any dive clubs near there? if its not too deep, im sure they could love to recover it and could be much cheaper?
No clubs nearby but there are salvage divers (although, after emailing four them yesterday, I've gotten zero response :( ) I could hire. But I'm hoping I don't have to do that. Waiting to hear what DJI says. I don't want to pay for a salvage and then have DJI say they will send a replacement without me sending DJI the M2P. Trying to save money I don't have.

People use the GetterBack on Mavics too. Check out these photos for some mounting ideas.
Wow, thanks. Thought I was the only one using them! Guess I forgot how smart and innovative the drone community is.

Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

Please tell me that isn't true....
I'm pretty sure that you only have 48 hours after activation to purchase DJI Refresh. You can't wait until something happens to your drone then buy it. So even if you did recover it, no DJI Refresh unless you're under 48 hours past activation.

You’re spot on with that MichigsnMavic. I’m A newbie. There are some super smart, remarkably thoughtful and incredibly kind people flying drones

The reason the refresh documents mention water is because originally when they had care and then refresh, water damage was not covered. Later they added water damage coverage.

Depending where and how you read, you can get refresh after 48 hours, but you have to submit a video showing air worthyness.

Well, the hope is that DJI recognizes from the flight logs that the drone is unrecoverable. and waives that requirement.
It doesn't work that way unfortunately. Unless they determine that it was a DJI issue, hardware or software malfunction, they won't be replacing it. That's either as a warranty or allowing you to use one of your Refresh replacements. For the Refresh if they determine it's pilot error, you can't get a replacement unless you return the old one according to the terms of service.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I know for sure that DJI says 48 hours, but I think I also read something about being able to buy it outside that window, but it's a more involved process.
DJI describes that process in detail here.

Reactions: PropSpin
When I read these threads I think DJI have gone too far with sensors etc and they cause more issues than they solve.
I also wish the old ATTI switch was still there.

OP. Sorry you lost your Mavic. I hope you find a solution to replace it.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2