DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh *doesn't* cover sunk drones!?

When I read these threads I think DJI have gone too far with sensors etc and they cause more issues than they solve.
I also wish the old ATTI switch was still there.

OP. Sorry you lost your Mavic. I hope you find a solution to replace it.

The sensors do sometimes cause problems. I'd like to see clearer advice on when to turn them off, or perhaps some more advanced firmware code to determine when they should be ignored.

You can have the ATTI mode switch back with a simple parameter change.

Reactions: rickw
This is a tragic tale and although hopeful, I think we all know which direction DJI will go on this. I waited to get my care refresh and had to record this convoluted video. Still waiting to see if they will allow me the privilege:) I also got the State farm insurance. 60 bucks per year, no deductible, and all types of loss are covered. If it goes in the ocean, they will replace it. If you have a claim in the first year, they will not give you another policy. That's why I'm also getting the care refresh. For anything other than total loss I'm going to use CR, but if it gets stolen or suck in a palm tree 120 feet in the air, I'll use State farm.

Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

Please tell me that isn't true....

I’ve had my home owners replace mine since it was personal property, you may check there if applicable.

Last known gps coordinates off the app ca get you to the crash site. A fisherman with a side scanning fish finder can locate the drone if the water isn’t too deep.

Just some thoughts, wish you luck.

Very sorry to hear. Flying over water is no different than flying over land, EXCEPT when it comes to recovering a downed aircraft. I fly with two Getterbacks strapped to the legs, whether it's with my Mavic 2P or Inspire. At least, if I'm in less than 100', there's a chance of recovery. Oh, I also travel with an inflatable kayak when flying over water!

this thread is starting to run all over the place,it's not about insurance,it was about wheather DJI would replace!

I lost Mavic Pro version 1, in the outer banks, last spring, about 100 yards off shore. It was unrecoverable, for sure. I sent flight logs to DJI and even though they stated it was not a pilot error they also said the logs showed no signs of malfunctioning hardware or software. So I was S-O-L, they did offer me a drone only replacement with a 30% discpunt

Just (within the last hour) lost my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I had been flying over our local harbour for the past 35 minutes with no issues. Got some great shots. Suddenly, the M2P literally plummets out of the sky into the harbour! Unrecoverable (at least, by me). Immediately come here to look for info about how to go about getting DJI Refresh replacement package and I see a couple of comments stating that if you can't physically recover the drone, DJI won't replace it.

I always hesitate to even mention this because lots of people think they're a bad idea, but since I live on a lake and very frequently fly over the water, from the shore and the boat, I use these. Obviously, with these on the wind DOES have an effect on the Mavic 2 Pro and flight time is slightly reduced, but the peace of mind makes it worth it in my book and, from my experience, the impact is fairly minimal. This style is pricey, and there are cheaper versions out there, but I like the separate/extra landing skids (which can be used alone) and the way they attach/detach. As I mentioned, the wind DOES have an effect but I generally don't fly in winds over 15mph and never over 20mph. One side benefit, they definitely increase visibility.

raptr2.jpg

This happened to me.
I tried to recover by snorkeling & offering reward. No luck.
I made "a case" with DJI per their customer support suggestion.
That want to see my flight logs & all.
I claimed it was a malfunction with the drone & DJI came back 2 months later claiming it was pilot error.
They ended up giving me 15% off the purchase of a new Mavic Pro.
I would never buy DJI Refresh again.
Not only are they slow & rude but for $100. the payoff is a second hand/refurbished drone that you don't know where it's been or what it's been through.
I now have State Farm insurance for $60. a year. Fully covered for loss, stolen, crash, etc...
They told me recovery is not an issue.
In my second year with State Farm.

I always hesitate to even mention this because lots of people think they're a bad idea, but since I live on a lake and very frequently fly over the water, from the shore and the boat, I use these. Obviously, with these on the wind DOES have an effect on the Mavic 2 Pro and flight time is slightly reduced, but the peace of mind makes it worth it in my book and, from my experience, the impact is fairly minimal. This style is pricey, and there are cheaper versions out there, but I like the separate/extra landing skids (which can be used alone) and the way they attach/detach. As I mentioned, the wind DOES have an effect but I generally don't fly in winds over 15mph and never over 20mph. One side benefit, they definitely increase visibility.

View attachment 59636
What about bottom sensors? No problem?

I'm sorry you've lost your drone. That's truly heartbreaking.

It's obviously a day late and a dollar short, but this possibility is exactly why I put the floats on my skids from iRepairMD in Richmond, VA.

Lots of people criticize the price of these excellent skids, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than another drone + the accessories attached because it's 20 leagues under the sea.

It is. Nextime while flying over water use a gettrback.
Unfortunately, the getterback device has the best chance of working in shallower water, but just cannot lift a Mavic 2 in any case. (It was designed for fishing rods that were dropped into the water, not drones.)

The additional pressure at greater depths will keep the tiny amount of air from the O2 cartridge from fully inflating the balloon, which, again, in the best condition, doesn't have enough buoyancy to lift a Mavic 2.

At risk of beating a dead horse, the only trustworthy option that I've seen and investigated would be the floating skids from iRepairMD.

Reactions: LakeTravis
Isn’t this crap really, a comprehensive DJI policy would do so much to engraciate dji with its customers, it just seems like a con...

DJI Care is a scam. Bought it and when my drone crashed while using active track, they blamed pilot. They told me it cannot navigate trees

Huh? If you sent in the crashed drone, they sent you a "new" one. Those are the terms of the agreement. I've made two claims and they've taken care of me as the contract stipulates.

Reactions: Pietros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne