DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Refresh

Jamie.B

Reactions
The 48 hour cut off is fast approaching and as this is my first drone and I have no other flying experience I think I should get the refresh. I've read some of the nightmare stories but people are always more likely to report the bad things than take the time to praise the good.

Annnyyyyyway…… my actual question is refresh covers for water damage but what if the drone is totally lost what if you are unable to recover the drone are you still covered? If mine drowns in a flooded quarry am I going to have to learn to scuba dive to retrieve it before I send it back or if I crash and it ends up on some ledge a couple of hundred feet in the air am I going to have to scale the side of the cliff…?

what if the drone is totally lost what if you are unable to recover the drone are you still covered?
DJI Care Refresh can only be used if you're able to recover the drone.

You can find more details about this insurance in the DJI Care Refresh FAQ.

Yes, in most cases you need the carcass to send to dji. I have heard of some cases if you send the flight log and they determine it was the birds fault you didn't need to send the drone.

Some people have State Farm insurance, just research. I have the dji care plan. They said it was my fault the bird crashed, I paid $79 and they're sending me a new one in less than 2 weeks of me sending it out.

I have heard of some cases if you send the flight log and they determine it was the birds fault you didn't need to send the drone.
I think you might be referring to incidents that were covered under the DJI warranty. No?

Reactions: Jamie.B
I think you might be referring to incidents that were covered under the DJI warranty. No?
I can understand if it suddenly falls from the air for no apparent then they'd replace it under warranty probably with little fuss but thanks for confirming the drone needs recovering. I did search thread topics before hand but didn't include 'FAQ' in the search *facepalm*

Thanks for the quick responses

…edit… then visits the link and sees it's a link to djis FAQ *double facepalm*

No worries. That FAQ contains a good overview of what's included. It might answer some other questions you have.

Yes. Isn't a malfunction by no fault of your own covered? You just have to prove it though? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Isn't a malfunction by no fault of your own covered?
Yes, DJI is pretty fair when it comes to replacing Mavics due to malfunctions. DJI Care Refresh is for those people who want to be covered for incidents caused by user error.

Well, that's why I got the care plan, I knew I would mess up and make a mistake. Live and learn.

Just contacted support and when asking the same question they provided a lift of items it wasn't covered for which I should have taken a screen shot of but didn't. Loss or partial loss isn't covered which describes my two scenarios and they also don't cover you for anything that happens as a result of ....and they use this term "force majeure" which surely covers anything I bought the refresh cover anyway for when I do inevitably crash or drown it.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
they provided a lift of items it wasn't covered for which I should have taken a screen shot of but didn't
If you'd like to see that list again, you can find it in the "Exclusions" section near the bottom of this page.

I just had to make the same decision after having my Air for 48 hours, and I decided to skip the Refresh and get the State Farm Personal Articles policy instead. Regarding the Refresh, in my mind I would be paying the initial $158 ($89 for the plan + $69 for the first incident) and probably getting a refurbished replacement drone. And that's only if I am able to recover the drone, and I figure there's a pretty good chance that I either lose my drone altogether or it sinks in water where it is unrecoverable. There's also the turnaround time to consider in getting the replacement.

With the State Farm policy, I am covered for loss, theft, and accidents with no deductible and full replacement cost. In my state of IL it was $60 for a year with no deductible, and if I have to make a claim, they write me a check for $999. It can also be renewed without depreciation. It is not attached to your homeowners insurance, so there is no risk in causing an increase to your other premiums if you need to make a claim. Of course, they could drop your personal articles policy if you make a claim (or multiple claims), but that is not really a big concern since it's not attached to your other insurance. Getting the insurance was as simple as bringing in a copy of my receipt and the serial number. I believe the State Farm policy is available in every state (with varying premiums) except California.

On the other hand, if State Farm is not a viable option for you, then at least the DJI Refresh can give you SOME peace of mind.... just not when it is unrecoverable.

Reactions: Advexure
You may want to investigate what happens when you file a claim on this policy. Although it is not linked to your homeowners policy, any claims you make remain in your personal insurance file for 2-5 years. So when it does come time for you to obtain homeowners insurance elsewhere, you’ll be an assigned risk and that may affect your rates. Just like if you had Nationwide auto insurance and filed a claim there, it would show up if you got a quote from State Farm. It’s all part of the risk pool rating.

I am wondering if I should purchase the care plan and have a simple question.

Am I correct in thinking that I will have to, effectively, pay twice for a single incident, once to register and then again for the repair replacement with a similar scenario for a 2nd incident?

Am I correct in thinking that I will have to, effectively, pay twice for a single incident, once to register and then again for the repair replacement with a similar scenario for a 2nd incident?
Yes.

After paying $89 for DJI Care Refresh, you'll need to pay an additional $69 for the first replacement and $99 for the second replacement. DJI covers that topic here.

Yes.

After paying $89 for DJI Care Refresh, you'll need to pay an additional $69 for the first replacement and $99 for the second replacement. DJI covers that topic here.

Hi. Thanks for that. Confirms what I thought.

Tony

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zaidthesultan