DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI released DJI FLY Update ver 1.5.10

This update is in the App Store for iOS. Ver. 1.5.10, size 454.3 MB, released 14 hours ago. It states “fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.” No further indication in the App Store as to what this update addresses. Unknown whether there is an update for android at this time. I haven’t checked the M3 yet to see if there is an accompanying firmware update, but I am about to do that shortly.
I use that app with my Mavic Mini and a Iphone 7. I am increasingly seeing CPU overlaods! Guess adding all the stuff for other drones is making it too much for the I7.

All those updates were already present in the January FW update and Fly update to 1.5.09. Nothing new there at all!
You got an ignorant support rep!
cabbage! I only realize this now that I think about it ... same thing as 1.5.9.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Restart of drone doesn’t reveal much. Restarts have gotten instantaneous locks all along. Cold start in new location after at least 30 minutes would provide a better sense of any improvement. Thanks.
It has made no difference for me, even at a location that was 1000' higher in altitude at takeoff.

I sure wish they'd bother to tell us what these updates are for, and what they do.
The introduction of "We have to pass it to see what's in it" mentality should never have become a thing.

I fear one of these days there'll be an "Update" we'll all blindly download, and our drones will become just short of useless bricks that won't do anything they were once capable of.....or...they'll become useless bricks that now need a paid for upgrade to partially work again.
I find if using DJI Assistant to update it usually contains a list.

This update is in the App Store for iOS. Ver. 1.5.10, size 454.3 MB, released 14 hours ago. It states “fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.” No further indication in the App Store as to what this update addresses. Unknown whether there is an update for android at this time. I haven’t checked the M3 yet to see if there is an accompanying firmware update, but I am about to do that shortly.
Great. Thank you for this update. I my try to download it to my S21 phone and see what happens. I am currently using an older S9 linked t my S21 Hotspot feature. A pain.

I find if using DJI Assistant to update it usually contains a list.
That list is no more detailed than anything else.
99% of updates from DJI only list "bug fixes and optimization"
To find out exactly what they fix, you'll have to follow along here.
This 1.5.10 app update fixes most of the super slow GNSS issues that many were experiencing. At least for those using the RC-Pro.

I'm not sure what was in the new DJI Fly update today, but I did also have a firmware update today as well. Before flying my M3 Cine this Morning, it took a while before it could acquire 11 Satellites, after the Firmware Update, and a restart of my M3 Cine, it was extremely Fast to reach 17 satellites, I'd like to estimate the time to less than 10 Seconds, if that's even possible, I found it hard to believe it could acquire satellites that quick, the irony is, after the update, I flew my M3C farther than any previous flights with no issues, starting with a 3 mile flight heading West from my starting point, and completing the flight 2 miles to the East of my starting point, it's very possible that DJI may have solved the slow GPS connection issue. The signal Strength throughout the flight was very solid, I was more concerned with the battery level than I was with the flight, which in itself is strange, I had 39% power left after landing the Drone, the M3 Cine is rapidly becoming my favorite Drone

Re: update to M3 ver 1.5.10, I performed 3 tests. No new firmware update. ( I'm in Laurel, Maryland, and use the default RC)

Test 1: Within 15 secs with M3 still on the ground, I had 7 satellites. After 1:40 sec, HP was announced with 12 sats. In 3 mins, I had 17 sats.

Test 2: M3 and controller turned off and restarted, with a different battery. I got 17 sats almost immediately, within 10 secs with HP announced.

Test 3: M3 and RC turned off and restarted. Same as above, 17 sats within 10sec.

Crossing my fingers! lol
I pretty much got the same results as well on my M3 Cine, (I'm in Hercules, CA) San Francisco Bay Area

I'm not sure what was in the new DJI Fly update today, but I did also have a firmware update today as well. Before flying my M3 Cine this Morning, it took a while before it could acquire 11 Satellites, after the Firmware Update, and a restart of my M3 Cine, it was extremely Fast to reach 17 satellites, I'd like to estimate the time to less than 10 Seconds, if that's even possible, I found it hard to believe it could acquire satellites that quick, the irony is, after the update, I flew my M3C farther than any previous flights with no issues, starting with a 3 mile flight heading West from my starting point, and completing the flight 2 miles to the East of my starting point, it's very possible that DJI may have solved the slow GPS connection issue. The signal Strength throughout the flight was very solid, I was more concerned with the battery level than I was with the flight, which in itself is strange, I had 39% power left after landing the Drone, the M3 Cine is rapidly becoming my favorite Drone
The only way to test this properly is for you to do a cold start ie: do not power on drone etc for a few hours then try. If your results are still the same than Congrats. Today I waited almost 9 minutes for a home-point lock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4