DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Releases “White” Mavic Pro

You have to love the marketing guys. If the Mavic had originally come out in white and then a year later the grey was introduced everyone would be drooling at how cool the grey version is.

My take is two fold.

1) The Color does not make much of a difference since I typically can only see the Mavic's color for one minute during a flight, the rest of the time it is too far away to see any details.

2) White plastic is notorious for picking up stains that become an eye sore. Also white plastic typically yellows over time, it absorbs much more UV light and typically becomes brittle quicker.

Personally I doubt most of us will own our Mavics long enough to have the UV issue but at the end of the day I really wish DJI would stop the side ways development and actually come out with something new, for example a better camera system.

Rob

I've been eyeing the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for a while. I was still hesitating with the eBay Christmas 20% discount. AUD$1999 retail, AUD$1599 (20% discount). Then I got the news this new combo came out. A few hours later, I bought the Alpine White. Comparing retail prices, this combo is actually cheaper. But a bit more expensive if compared with 20% discount for the normal one. Only thing missing is the Battery charging hub, shoulder bag and car charger. The shoulder bag is valued at AUD$139 in the DJI store, but a water proof hard case can be purchased for much cheaper on eBay.

Just checking DJI website again, it says the Alpine White is out of stock.

Great colour, especially for winter time flying! So easy to spot on a snowy field after an auto land...
I've been eyeing the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for a while. I was still hesitating with the eBay Christmas 20% discount. AUD$1999 retail, AUD$1599 (20% discount). Then I got the news this new combo came out. A few hours later, I bought the Alpine White. Comparing retail prices, this combo is actually cheaper. But a bit more expensive if compared with 20% discount for the normal one. Only thing missing is the Battery charging hub, shoulder bag and car charger. The shoulder bag is valued at AUD$139 in the DJI store, but a water proof hard case can be purchased for much cheaper on eBay.

Just checking DJI website again, it says the Alpine White is out of stock.

You got the better deal. That 20% eBay discount is only good for a maximum of $50.

Well,it looks like the White is out of stock now (all 25 of them)! Next color, BLUE! For an additional,100.00! I gotta go to Wal Mart and get some rattle cans! LOL!

Only thing missing is the Battery charging hub, shoulder bag and car charger.
You're better off buying one of those blue after-market charging hubs, which, for cheaper than DJI's hub, actually charges three batteries simultaneously instead of sequentially, and can charge two additional USB devices as well.

You're better off buying one of those blue after-market charging hubs, which, for cheaper than DJI's hub, actually charges three batteries simultaneously instead of sequentially, and can charge two additional USB devices as well.
What it has 4? Dji charger has 2 USB so "two additional" would make 4, charge phone and RC what do you need the other 2 for?

What it has 4? Dji charger has 2 USB so "two additional" would make 4, charge phone and RC what do you need the other 2 for?
It's not about how many, it's about charging simultaneously rather than sequentially like the DJI hub does. DJI's hub takes more than five hours to charge all the batteries connected to it. The blue chargers, like this one, charge them all at the same time, so I can charge three batteries, the controller and my iPad in a little more than an hour. And it's cheaper to boot.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Still only has 2 USB not 2 additional
Tbh sequential suits me its not often I fly 4 mavics at the same time

This doesn't matter:

2) White plastic is notorious for picking up stains that become an eye sore. Also white plastic typically yellows over time

Because of this:

I typically can only see the Mavic's color for one minute during a flight, the rest of the time it is too far away to see any details.

:D

DJI Starting been hanging with Apple too much I see.

There's a rumour going round the UK (perhaps elsewhere too?) at the moment that Apple are soon to acquire DJI. It's not a rumour I personally believe in... but you never know!

Tbh sequential suits me its not often I fly 4 mavics at the same time
*Sigh* I know you're just trying to be difficult, but I'm sure you know that no one wants to fly four Mavics at the same time. But it's obvious having multiple batteries makes going out for a day of flying much easier, and not having to wait more than five hours to charge them is a big benefit.

If sequential charging is all you need then there's no need to spend $50+ to buy a charging hub of any kind since you can just swap batteries on the single charger that came with the Mavic.

Reactions: MotherOfDrones
Sorry I was being difficult
I personally have 2 hubs
Wife bought retail from dji £1300
I bought of eBay secondhand £600
_20171102_145256.JPG
But I now want white arms & props :)

Reactions: MotherOfDrones
You got the better deal. That 20% eBay discount is only good for a maximum of $50.

There was no $50 limit. I add it to shopping cart, apply the code and it didn't give full 20% discount.

And, speaking of Apple and this drone, mine hasn't even shipped yet, but if I bought it off the Apple Store, I could've picked it up yesterday...

Nice but what is the big deal it's still the same MP craft just something for the holidays great if you don't already have one

Racist. and REPORTED.

"White Is Right", or so the saying goes in boating when a boat manufacture offers different colors of gel coat. I had to laugh at the person who said they were concerned about the white yellowing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27