DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Releases “White” Mavic Pro

I've been eyeing the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for a while. I was still hesitating with the eBay Christmas 20% discount. AUD$1999 retail, AUD$1599 (20% discount). Then I got the news this new combo came out. A few hours later, I bought the Alpine White. Comparing retail prices, this combo is actually cheaper. But a bit more expensive if compared with 20% discount for the normal one. Only thing missing is the Battery charging hub, shoulder bag and car charger. The shoulder bag is valued at AUD$139 in the DJI store, but a water proof hard case can be purchased for much cheaper on eBay.

Just checking DJI website again, it says the Alpine White is out of stock.
Check your local Apple store. They may have them in stock -- lots around here.

You have to love the marketing guys. If the Mavic had originally come out in white and then a year later the grey was introduced everyone would be drooling at how cool the grey version is.

My take is two fold.

1) The Color does not make much of a difference since I typically can only see the Mavic's color for one minute during a flight, the rest of the time it is too far away to see any details.

2) White plastic is notorious for picking up stains that become an eye sore. Also white plastic typically yellows over time, it absorbs much more UV light and typically becomes brittle quicker.

Personally I doubt most of us will own our Mavics long enough to have the UV issue but at the end of the day I really wish DJI would stop the side ways development and actually come out with something new, for example a better camera system.

Rob

I'm guessing that they can change the color of the plastic AND develop the Mavic 2.

Reactions: pixl
I like it. But this is just a way for DJI to dump old stock and hardware I'm sure. Eventually only selling the platinum.

Thought about selling my original but I'll just skin it.

I like it. But this is just a way for DJI to dump old stock and hardware I'm sure. Eventually only selling the platinum.

Thought about selling my original but I'll just skin it.
Given that most of their consumer lines have 2-3 models (standard, pro, advanced), i could expect there to be two lines; That said, i concede that they are so close, i could see them removing the regular pro, and releasing a downgraded, cheaper standard model...

[emoji14]

2789da009ed07bd45641894958b41614.jpg

Finally - DJI figured out they made a giant mistake making the Mavic the same color as a Sony TV or amp. The goofy black color in the sun added 10-20 degrees to the interior of the drone causing the fan to draw excessively, numerous problems as well as shorting component life.

Regards!

I really like this new white model and it would be much easier to see below the tree line. But the Mavic's main Achilles' heel is the very delicate gimble which can easily be broken (I know because I've broken mine two times). It's expensive to fix and far too easy to break. This unit really needs to be improved to be much more rugged. Anyone agree??
This is real my friend. The gimbal is very fragile.

All white is difficult to see in sky. I like this skin which gives more contrast and isIMG_0330.JPG a lot more interesting. When matched with accessories really gives a nice look.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
The original, grey, Mavic disappears quickly in the mountains. White shows up nicely against the mountain backdrop, but the winter comes & white does a disappearing act! I like the white but skinning the original gives more options. It would be nice if the new, low noise props were available in white. 2017-10-27 1-14-36 PM_0.jpg

Last edited:
Check it out yourself at an Apple store near you, don't trust the renders. I did and was surprised how cheap it looked. It looks like some ubiquitous home appliance. And sweaty fingers leave gray marks on it. But the bundle value is good. Also, keep in mind that at this point it's unknown whether it will be possible to downgrade the firmware.

I must be the only one who LIKES the fact that my Mavic is stealthy. When I'm doing a mapping gig, the last thing I want is for my drone to be noticed. The Mavic Pro @ 240' AGL is almost invisible and almost inaudible. Compared to my Inspire 1 - which used to have to fly @ 165' AGL for the same photos - stuck out like a sore thumb. Now you want to make it white? No thanks.

Disclaimer: I realize that white might actually be less visible in some situations. But I rarely map on a cloudy day.

Just saying to those that complain that white gets dirty. I own a white car, motorcycle and tons of white shoes. It comes with the territory. I could put on a clear wrap if I was really worried about it. My biggest concern is getting a white wrap for my Crystalsky...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki