DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair yes or no?

Nilnah

Reactions
Hello everyone. I was recently gifted a free mavic pro from a doctor my wife works for because he was having issues with the video/camera working. So he just upgraded and gave me his old one. Not knowing much about them I decided to just to send it to dji for repairs. I got the quote today saying I needed a new Core Board $331, Gimble axis arm module $68, Remote controller main controller board $207 and Repair service fee of $130. The issue was the video transmission to my phone would turn black and white and freeze for a few seconds then after doing that two or three times it would freeze permanently. So my question is it worth it to have them fix it? They're charging me an amount that I can buy a new one for, can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: old man mavic
Or get it back and send it to DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop
and see if that’s what it even needs. They will pay shipping
there and give you a qoute and if you don’t like it they will
ship it back to you all on their dime. @djidroneservice
is a vender here and I deal with them and trust them.
Welcome to the forum.

welcome to the forum, good advice from Dc there

Reactions: dirkclod
Or get it back and send it to DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop
and see if that’s what it even needs. They will pay shipping
there and give you a qoute and if you don’t like it they will
ship it back to you all on their dime. @djidroneservice
is a vender here and I deal with them and trust them.
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, do this. DJI has been known to do this from time to time. Kind of like how when my wife brings the car in to the shop to see what it needs and they tell her all this mumbo jumbo, then when I bring it in it's only one or two things needing repair. Also, the turnaround time for DJI repairs is pretty bad.

Suspicious diagnosis from DJI, IMO. Why would both the drone and the RC need such extensive repair? Did the doctor who gave it to you say what happened before he started having problems with it? a crash would not explain why the RC needed repair. Anything happen that would affect the drone, the gimbal and the remote controller?

Reactions: DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21