Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji scammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I recently had to send in my Mavic pro for a gimbal repair.
Well DJI sends back a quote saying I needed both rear motor arms, top piece, etc....
Over $250!
I sent it in knowing it was a warranty issue cause
One day everything was fine and the next my gimbal was haywire.
I sent all data and they agreed it wasn't a crashed
Bird.
Now that in my mind means it's there product.
They refuse to warranty and I told them their techs
Were I'll equipped and all they wanted was to rip me off and sell me things I don't need!!
I told them to return it to me since I'm no fool
And I'll send it to you in thunderdrone.
I know all it needs is a new gimbal board!!
What do you all think

That was not a good thing to read and that must really suck!

I am confused here, are you saying your Mavic Pro is under warranty and then one day the gimbal failed and now they will not fix it unless you pay them $250?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Well DJI sends back a quote saying I needed both rear motor arms, top piece, etc....
Over $250!
Bird.
Were I'll equipped and all they wanted was to rip me off and sell me things I don't need!!
What do you all think

If they refuse to fix it under warranty, send it over to me. I'll get it fixed for you.

How do you know that? How did it get damaged?

Msinger,
The bird flew absolutely normal one day, no issue it did not crash, I landed a went home as normal.
I have a very good carrying case and 4 other birds have transferred in it with no issue.
The next morning upon start up the gimbal went
Bezerk, would not calibrate, stayed crooked, and no obvious signs of anything amuck.
I still took off and flew perfect however the gimbal
Was stuck in an adverse angle I was getting gimbal errors and motor obstruction warnings but no obstruction!
I sent it to DJI and they said after reviewing data that there WAS NOT A CRASH BUT also said it wasn't a warranty issue plus wanted to say I needed both rear motor arms, a top shell and some other bull crap not even related to the gimbal!
I think I smelled lithium and told them this!
I was thinking maybe a bad battery had leaked and destroyed the board controlling the gimbal so I sent the battery as well and they said it was fine.
They have ill equipped techs I feel.
This is the first time I have ever had issue with
DJI but I KNOW MY MOTOR ARMS AND SHELL
ARE FINE!!!
Angry
Johnny D 913

If they refuse to fix it under warranty, send it over to me. I'll get it fixed for you.

Thunderdrones
I have heard nothing but excellent reviews from u guys!
I can not wait for DJI to return my bird and I will most definitely send it to you!!
I am anxious to hear what y9ur assessment will be compared to DJI an their scam

Msinger,
The bird flew absolutely normal one day, no issue it did not crash, I landed a went home as normal.
I have a very good carrying case and 4 other birds have transferred in it with no issue.
The next morning upon start up the gimbal went Bezerk, would not calibrate, stayed crooked, and no obvious signs of anything amuck...
Could there have been an automatic update of Go 4 or your OS from one day to the next? My video feed went from perfect to useless due to a background update of Go 4. I had to roll it back to fix it.

Could there have been an automatic update of Go 4 or your OS from one day to the next? My video feed went from perfect to useless due to a background update of Go 4. I had to roll it back to fix it.

Mossiback,
I reinstalled go 4 and have turned off iOS auto updates.
Tried this all too But zilch

Over $250!
Bird.
What do you all think
It may just need a new ribbon or the ribbon has come off the board or camera.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
It may just need a new ribbon or the ribbon has come off the board or camera.

I don believe, this gimbal would keep going thru the start up over and over saying it was obstruction but wasn't any.
It could be ribbon and if that's the case tried o have DJI tell me I needed a bunch of other things then I WILL BE SERIOUS PISSED AT THEM

What a truly amazing and generous offer! I wish we had a @Thunderdrones in the UK lol
I think he will still have to pay for the repair, but he will be charged for only what is really wrong with it. Id Thunderdrones noticed he does need those rear parts too, then that is confirmation that DJI were correct in their evaluation but they should have done it under warranty, unless they see it was due to pilot error.

For all those wondering about a gimbal problem, let me tell you my story. About 2 years ago I bought a Mavic Pro. I was getting used to flying it and always flew it in manual and always flew easy steady flights and always landed it myself, smoothly and gently.

Then one day I took off in my back yard, flew around for about ten minutes and all was well. I came back and landed and then took it inside as carefully as ever. About 30 mins later I went back outside and gently put it down as I always did, and started up to go and fly another short flight.

As it started up and the gimbal did it's normal thing, this time it was different. The gimbal did it's usual twist thing but then the camera looked straight ahead and slowly went down, then back up, then down again, then back up, about three times. Then an obstruction error showed up.

I took a look but could see no obstruction, so I shut down and moved the gimbal by hand, all free. I started up again and the same thing happened. So I shut down and lifted up the Mavic again to look and the motor on the top was so hot I could not keep touching it. The camera kept making a clicking sound, it was tapping the bottom section as it went through the motion of up and down each time.

I was about to go to Britain for a holiday in 2 weeks and took it to a local repair agent for DJI. He evaluated it and said it was the top motor of the gimbal that had failed, all else including the ribbon was fine. I could have had it done under warranty because it was about 2 months old, but that could take 4-6 weeks they had said, so I bought a complete used unit of gimbal and camera from him and paid for him to swap the whole unit out. That way I could use it during my holiday, otherwise I would have had nothing to take with me due to it having to go back to DJI.

Never had another issue with the gimbal after that. If anyone wants a like new camera and gimbal system with a gimbal that needs the top motor replaced, make me an offer, I still have it in the packing. So the gimbal does fail for no reason and without a crash, I can vouch for that. Thankfully my Mavic2 Pro has been fine, so far.

Last edited:
For all those wondering about a gimbal problem, let me tell you my story. About 2 years ago I bought a Mavic Pro. I was getting used to flying it and always flew it in manual and always flew easy steady flights and always landed it myself, smoothly and gently.

Then one day I took off in my back yard, flew around for about ten minutes and all was well. I came back and landed and then took it inside as carefully as ever. About 30 mins later I went back outside and gently put it down as I always did, and started up to go and fly another short flight.

As it started up and the gimbal did it's normal thing, this time it was different. The gimbal did it's usual twist thing but then the camera looked straight ahead and slowly went down, then back up, then down again, then back up, about three times. Then an obstruction error showed up.

I took a look but could see no obstruction, so I shut down and moved the gimbal by hand, all free. I started up again and the same thing happened. So I shut down and lifted up the Mavic again to look and the motor on the top was so hot I could not keep touching it. The camera kept making a clicking sound, it was tapping the bottom section as it went through the motion of up and down each time.

I was about to go to Britain for a holiday in 2 weeks and took it to a local repair agent for DJI. He evaluated it and said it was the top motor of the gimbal that had failed, all else including the ribbon was fine. I could have had it done under warranty because it was about 2 months old, but that could take 4-6 weeks they had said, so I paid for him to swap the whole unit out so that I could use it during my holiday, otherwise I would have had nothing to take with me.

Never had another issue with the gimbal after that. If anyone wants a like new camera and gimbal system with a gimbal that needs the top motor replaced, make me an offer, I still have it in the packing. So the gimbal does fail for no reason and without a crash, I can vouch for that. Thankfully my Mavic2 Pro has been fine, so far.

This sounds very close to my issue.
But it had nothing to do with motor arms
Or top shelf did it?
These crooks at DJI are incompetent in their assessment.

Well guys I called DJI yesterday and was livid!
I told them since they were incompetent and trying to scam me
After I've bought two phantom 3,
A phantom 4, and 4 mavic pros that I was going to continue to contact ever forum, tell everyone of their scam for money and I needed repairs, contact their C.E.O, and possibly Sue for incompetent!!!
Well today I received these emails and I want u guys to look and read and tell me if u think they decided to warranty
It cause it says it has been paid and repaired but they don't have my debit card and no charges are on my statement.
They gave me a tracking number but see if u guys can make sense of what they did.
Thanks so much friends,
JohnnyD913

How do you know that? How did it get damaged?

Well guys I called DJI yesterday and was livid!
I told them since they were incompetent and trying to scam me
After I've bought two phantom 3,
A phantom 4, and 4 mavic pros that I was going to continue to contact ever forum, tell everyone of their scam for money and I needed repairs, contact their C.E.O, and possibly Sue for incompetent!!!
Well today I received these emails and I want u guys to look and read and tell me if u think they decided to warranty
It cause it says it has been paid and repaired but they don't have my debit card and no charges are on my statement.
They gave me a tracking number but see if u guys can make sense of what they did.
Thanks so much friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000