DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Select - 20% Off Coupons

NAUIDIVER

Reactions
Just FYI. If you buy a Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and also buy the Select Plan for the accessories discount, you can yet use them for Mavic 2 accessories.

I learned the hard way. Lol. Tried to buy some accessories and my 5 Coupons are still sitting in my account unused. They wouldn’t work in cart checkout. Did a support chat and got directed to the fine print.

[1] DJI consumer products include: Mavic Air series, Mavic Pro series, Spark series, Phantom series, Osmo Mobile, Osmo Mobile 2, Osmo, Osmo +, and DJI Goggles. DJI professional products include but are not limited to: Inspire series, Osmo Pro/RAW, Zenmuse series, Ronin series, and Industrial series. DJI professional products are not applicable for DJI Select purchase eligibility and benefits. In the future, DJI Select will include accessories for the Mavic 2.

Yes and on top of that they just raised their accessory price by .... you guessed it, 20%

When you own 73% of the consumer drone marketplace in the USA that's what happens. Someone will one day knock them off their perch when they become too complacent.

When you own 73% of the consumer drone marketplace in the USA that's what happens. Someone will one day knock them off their perch when they become too complacent.

They own the market because they are by far the best right now. Not sure they are going to get complacent anytime soon. They are doing most things right, at a very good cost to value ratio. Time will tell, but they are pulling ahead of the pack with each new generation of products...

They own the market because they are by far the best right now. Not sure they are going to get complacent anytime soon. They are doing most things right, at a very good cost to value ratio. Time will tell, but they are pulling ahead of the pack with each new generation of products...

HI SteveCA I can't agree with you more. The day the Mavic 2 Pro came on the market my Mavic Pro was sold instantly. DJI leads the market for a numerous reason. They deliver a product which leads in the marketplace period. I am a fan of DJI.

During my career I've worked for technology companies in engineering, sales and now in an executive role. So, I know technology and the complexities in creating a product like those DJI markets. However, I’m really curious as to where the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom now falls within the DJI product line. The new Mavic 2 release comes with a 50% price increase over the original Mavic. The Mavic 2 battery sees a 60% price increase over the original. Both are significant increases for version 2 of mature products.

My theory is DJI is taking this opportunity to redefine price points for the entire DJI product line. The price increase of the Mavic 2 line clearly separates the Mavic 2 from the Mavic Platinum and Mavic 1 Pro. Long term this also gives better pricing elasticity for the lower end Spark and Mavic Air products. I’d predicted the successor to the Air (Air 2?) and Spark (Spark 2?) will also see price increases too. That being said, I think the majority of the Mavic 2 Pro price increase is predicated on the DJI market dominance versus actual product development costs.

However, I watch DJI still make some very odd marketing decisions, product limitations and restrictions which in a consumer electronics market is out of place. The 20% off coupons not being applicable to the Mavic 2 Pro is nothing more than a bait and switch to consumers. DJI appears to be a very rigid company to try to deal with.

Finally, I have to laugh when I read posts by people who rip DJI mercilessly for every single flaw uncovered. Those people obviously have never produced a hardware or software product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78