DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Select eligibility requirements rant

jtelleria

Reactions
A month ago I ordered from DJI a Mavic 2 Pro, Care Refresh, Smart Controller, Ronin-S and accessories. I placed them all within the same order so my 10% educational discount could be applied to all items, except for the Smart Controller which isn't eligible for the discount. I received my Mavic 2 Pro 3 weeks ago. Enough time had passed, so I went back to the online DJI Store yesterday to purchase the $50 DJI Select membership. The webpage said I wasn't eligible. So I emailed DJI support asking them why I'm not eligible. Their reply was because I had cancelled my order for the Smart Controller, that makes me ineligible. What?? That policy is so backwards! I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and didn't request a refund for it within the two weeks. So I feel I should be eligible for DJI Select. The reason I cancelled the Smart Controller portion of the order was because at the time I placed my order, their online store was showing the Smart Controller in stock and shipping within 3-5 days. It turned out to not be in stock. After waiting two weeks and still not shipped, I found the Smart Controller in stock at my local DJI retail store in Scottsdale and bought it there instead. If I had originally ordered the Smart Controller separately, I would be eligible for DJI Select. But because I bundled everything in one order and cancelled part of it, I'm not. Really lame! I was hoping to use the 20% discount to purchase the Fly More kit. I'm going to purchase it elsewhere instead, like Best Buy.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
You did purchase a qualifying product and did not return it. I would try again with DJI and ask to speak with a supervisor. It might be a simple misunderstanding.

Another rant....Feel kind of cheated by DJI. I purchased my Mavic Pro two years ago with DJI Select....thankfully. I renewed my DJI Care with DJI Care + last year...again thankfully. Now I am being told I can no longer purchase any more DJI Care. So much for "letting you fly with peace of mind."

Well it did for 2 years... initially it was even limited to 1 but they later changed to allow for one (and only) renewal. Was always clear.

A month ago I ordered from DJI a Mavic 2 Pro, Care Refresh, Smart Controller, Ronin-S and accessories. I placed them all within the same order so my 10% educational discount could be applied to all items, except for the Smart Controller which isn't eligible for the discount. I received my Mavic 2 Pro 3 weeks ago. Enough time had passed, so I went back to the online DJI Store yesterday to purchase the $50 DJI Select membership. The webpage said I wasn't eligible. So I emailed DJI support asking them why I'm not eligible. Their reply was because I had cancelled my order for the Smart Controller, that makes me ineligible. What?? That policy is so backwards! I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and didn't request a refund for it within the two weeks. So I feel I should be eligible for DJI Select. The reason I cancelled the Smart Controller portion of the order was because at the time I placed my order, their online store was showing the Smart Controller in stock and shipping within 3-5 days. It turned out to not be in stock. After waiting two weeks and still not shipped, I found the Smart Controller in stock at my local DJI retail store in Scottsdale and bought it there instead. If I had originally ordered the Smart Controller separately, I would be eligible for DJI Select. But because I bundled everything in one order and cancelled part of it, I'm not. Really lame! I was hoping to use the 20% discount to purchase the Fly More kit. I'm going to purchase it elsewhere instead, like Best Buy.
I’m surprised you could use the educational discount one more than one item. I thought it was on a per item basis?

Not that clear....but my point is as long as your a respectful customer in good standing, you should not in my humble opinion be thrown out with the weeds in terms of DJI care after having this "insurance" for more than two years.

I’m surprised you could use the educational discount one more than one item. I thought it was on a per item basis?

Their website is really misleading when it comes to the educational discount. If you go to your account, choose the option to shop using an available educational discount coupon, then add an item to your cart, it'll go straight to checkout and not let you add any more items. Instead, just go to normal route. Shop the DJI store and add all the items you want to your cart. On the payment screen during checkout, it'll give you a dropdown box with your available educational discount codes. Choose one and it'll apply the 10% discount to all eligible items in your cart. I was able to get the 10% discount on everything except the Smart Controller. Which I now wish I hadn't ordered...

Reactions: brett8883
You did purchase a qualifying product and did not return it. I would try again with DJI and ask to speak with a supervisor. It might be a simple misunderstanding.

I replied back to DJI support voicing my displeasure with their DJI Select eligibility requirements. This was their reply reiterating that I'm not eligible because I cancelled a single item on the order. Just dumb. I'm ready to purchase the DJI Select membership AND the Mavic 2 Fly More Kit. They don't want my business.. So I'll go elsewhere to purchase the Fly More kit.

Thank you for getting back to DJI Customer Support.

We understand that you didn't request for a refund for the Mavic 2 Po. However, please be advised that an item was canceled on your order Hence, a refund has been issued. Even though that you didn't request for a refund for the Mavic 2 Pro, an item for the order was canceled and was refunded. Having that said, we are regretful to inform you that you are not eligible for the DJI Select Membership.

We definitely want to create and maintain a good customer relationship as you have shown patronage to our products. As you are not satisfied with the outcome, your feedback on our service has been raised and discussed with the higher management to ensure that this will not happen again in the future.

Not that clear....but my point is as long as your a respectful customer in good standing, you should not in my humble opinion be thrown out with the weeds in terms of DJI care after having this "insurance" for more than two years.
This doesn't have anything to do with you being respectful or in good standing, they simply offer an insurance that can only go up to 2 years and that's what you got. They likely decided there was too much risk for them continuing to insure >2year old aircraft, and probably consider that might push some to buy the next model as well...

I believe you can win this one with DJI. But my experience with DJI Select membership did not pan out. Maybe one day if I have time to rethink my experience with it I will share if it comes up again in a post/ thread.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78