DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji smart controller and epson bt-300 glasses

thank you so much for your update, I will try it later today and let you know what happen:)
Yes tell me what you think. I have the HDMI box but if I didn't... I'd take this as a way to relieve the BT300 processor to prevent overheating issues in the summer.

Yes tell me what you think. I have the HDMI box but if I didn't... I'd take this as a way to relieve the BT300 processor to prevent overheating issues in the summer.
hei! I tried it just now and it did work by using what you said, but I still decide to return it by following reasons:
1. Both BT300 and Smart Controller need to be connected with internet to get it work, which means if you are flying the drone outside without internet connection, you have to use HOTPOT from your mobile. Personally i don't like this.
2. I feel the lag is very obvious, when i turned around the drone, the BT300 screen was nearly frozen, but the SC didn't.
3. The resolution on BT-300 is not as good as what i expect by using this way, maybe that is my illusion.
I will wait for DJI next generation Goggle or go for Epson B35E....
Anyway, thanks for your information

Last edited:
hei! I tried it just now and it did work by using what you said, but I still decide to return it by following reasons:
1. Both BT300 and Smart Controller need to be connected with internet to get it work, which means if you are flying the drone outside without internet connection, you have to use HOTPOT from your mobile. Personally i don't like this.
2. I feel the lag is very obvious, when i turned around the drone, the BT300 screen was nearly frozen, but the SC didn't.
3. The resolution on BT-300 is not as good as what i expect by using this way, maybe that is my illusion.
I will wait for DJI next generation Goggle or go for Epson B35E....
Anyway, thanks for your information

Thank you very much for update

Thank you very much for update
I'm glad you tested it "in the field" and I forgot a WiFi hotspot would be needed. You're gonna love the BT35Es.

I'm glad you tested it "in the field" and I forgot a WiFi hotspot would be needed. You're gonna love the BT35Es.
It seems like that is hard to get BT35E in here (Norway), if i buy it from ebay or Amazon, it's gonna up to 1500US dollars which included tax, crazy.

It seems like that is hard to get BT35E in here (Norway), if i buy it from ebay or Amazon, it's gonna up to 1500US dollars which included tax, crazy.
There's been talk that Epson will sell just the HDMI box... But it hasn't happened and it may just be a rumour.

Reactions: axjlwuwei
I have the HDMI box and use a single USB C male to male cable to connect the glasses to the SC... Power and video on one cable. I tested as shown but found a nice short cable and ordered it... The less cables the better.

Next is to see if the SC speaker may be enabled when the cable/glasses are connected. To be continued.
I have the HDMI box and use a single USB C male to male cable to connect the glasses to the SC... Power and video on one cable. I tested as shown but found a nice short cable and ordered it... The less cables the better.

Next is to see if the SC speaker may be enabled when the cable/glasses are connected. To be continued.
Hello, I am about to order the glasses, and wondered if you had any follow up on your connection. Any difference from the previous posted two cables ?

Hello, I am about to order the glasses, and wondered if you had any follow up on your connection. Any difference from the previous posted two cables ?
The single USB C seems fine.

Hi Guys

I am very excited because yesterday I checked my BT-300
And SC together and it work
Grate
Big thanks to DJI for last firmware
Update allows dual remote connection
So I connect my BT-300 to regular RC pair both remotes to my M2P
And it is done
I was using SC and see everything
On my BT-300 with no any delays
It same like if you use DJI Goggles

I tried a usb c to usb c cable but got no video. What cable did you use to make it work? Did you get the shorter cable and does it work?
If it does can you post the link to the cable please?

Reactions: chuck1026
Before you buy a cable, try flipping the connector 180° just cuz...

But here's the cable I use
USB-C To USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable Fast Charging 10Gbps 4K Video Data Transfer For Matebook Macbook Pro ThinkPad Yoga Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S9 Google Pixel Nexus 6P Samsung T5 LaCie SSD -22 Centimeter Amazon.com: USB-C To USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable Fast Charging 10Gbps 4K Video Data Transfer For Matebook Macbook Pro ThinkPad Yoga Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S9 Google Pixel Nexus 6P Samsung T5 LaCie SSD -22 Centimeter: Computers & Accessories

USB-C To USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable Fast Charging 10Gbps 4K Video Data Transfer For Matebook Macbook Pro ThinkPad Yoga Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S9 Google Pixel Nexus 6P Samsung T5 LaCie SSD -22 Centimeter Amazon.com: USB-C To USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable Fast Charging 10Gbps 4K Video Data Transfer For Matebook Macbook Pro ThinkPad Yoga Samsung Galaxy Note 8 S8 S9 Google Pixel Nexus 6P Samsung T5 LaCie SSD -22 Centimeter: Computers & Accessories
Thanks for the info.
Here is the mounting system I designed and 3D printed.
I have the HDMI box spaced off the back so it doesn't block my fingers from getting to the buttons.
But it is very secure. I don't like things hanging from wires.
IMG_0361.jpgIMG_1557.jpgIMG_1928.jpgIMG_2061.jpgIMG_3603.jpgIMG_7535.jpgIMG_0990.jpg

Thanks for the info.
Here is the mounting system I designed and 3D printed.
I have the HDMI box spaced off the back so it doesn't block my fingers from getting to the buttons.
But it is very secure. I don't like things hanging from wires.

My 3 cents:
I simply use velcro for the HDMI box under the SC: 1) perfect fit, 2) slimmer and 3) practical

Thanks for the info your recommended cable works great and I had to flip it but the cable I had would not work.

All very interesting! I've been searching in vain to find out if the USB-C on the SC actually outputs video and it looks like this is confirmed here! Now, I have a couple of questions for clarification if I may. Just to be clear I don't have an SC or any FPV glasses at this point but am trying to find the best combination with minimal complexity and cable clutter before taking the plunge.

1. I understand that there is an option in the OS on the SC for HDMI (so many acronyms!) that allows different 'modes'. i.e. straight video with no controller overlay, video with the overlay, etc. Does that also apply to the USB-C video output? If not, what is the default video picture you see using the USB-C port?

2. I also believe that Epson have recently released new FPV glasses (BT-30C) that are 'cut down' (read cheaper! Always good news) versions of the BT-35s that don't have the inbuilt camera (not needed for drone flying anyway) and a single USB-C cable for interconnection. While EPSON say that these glasses are not intended for drone use I still wonder if they could be used nevertheless given the information here in this thread that the SC can and does output video from the USB-C port!

If this combo is possible than it would be an even cheaper path to take.

This is my setup with the Epson Moverio BT-35E glasses. For sound, I use a wireless earbud I pair with the Smart Controller. The floating Moverio image is comparable to a 90” HD television at 15ft +\-
Thanks for the photos. Can you explain how the black box is attatchd to the Smart Controller? That area is pretty busy what with the two customisable buttons and more importantly the air intake and fan vents. I was thinking of designing some kind of 3D printed frame/clips that would just clip around the sides of the SC and stand off the black box slightly. More thoughts after my BT-35e kit lands on Friday.

Cheers and regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming