DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji smart controller and epson bt-300 glasses

I’m going to get the glasses no matter because I know I will love them I was just curious I’m not sure if you understand my question people say you will have the pilot to view right out of the camera and was wondering can you adjust between the two views or is there just one view if you can answer this technical question sorry I know it’s Monday I’mI’m busy I’m sure you are too when you get time like I said just my curiosity but thank you again for all of your help I will be ordering all my stuff either later today or tomorrow morning

Not sure if you are referring to being nearsighted or farsighted but I have to wear reading glasses for anything close up - the power I am using is 1.75 so fairly strong, But don’t require prescription glasses as I had Lasix done.

Anyway, I fully expected to have to wear my reading glasses when using my BT-35e, but surprisingly that was not the case. in fact it was harder to see the virtual screen when I WAS wearing them.

I think that’s because with the Epson OLED technology you are not REALLY looking at something close up even though the glasses are only 1 inch in front of your eyeballs but rather you are looking at something in the far distance which my eyes are fine with.

Hi, could you pls clarify - with BT-35e glasses - do you still need an hdmi cord from the controller directly to glasses, or is there a wireless solution that does not need a cord? i just tried it with my HD3 - outside - and frankly to have a heavy HDMI cord on your face is not very comfy at all... i can figure something out, of course, get a better cord or tuck it better around, but, just wonder if the BT-35e solution has any wireless capability, or not.

Hi, could you pls clarify - with BT-35e glasses - do you still need an hdmi cord from the controller directly to glasses, or is there a wireless solution that does not need a cord? i just tried it with my HD3 - outside - and frankly to have a heavy HDMI cord on your face is not very comfy at all... i can figure something out, of course, get a better cord or tuck it better around, but, just wonder if the BT-35e solution has any wireless capability, or not.

No heavy wires at all - just the one coming from the BT-35e glasses and into the included HDMI box - see pics.IMG_0979.jpgIMG_0971.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jzilla80
I’m going to get the glasses no matter because I know I will love them I was just curious I’m not sure if you understand my question people say you will have the pilot to view right out of the camera and was wondering can you adjust between the two views or is there just one view if you can answer this technical question sorry I know it’s Monday I’mI’m busy I’m sure you are too when you get time like I said just my curiosity but thank you again for all of your help I will be ordering all my stuff either later today or tomorrow morning

Not sure which camera your referring to since the BT-35e set has a built in camera, but from the drone camera you see exactly what you see on any other viewing device (Crystalsky, smartphone, tablet, etc. etc), which is a live view from the drone in your Go 4 app that will display on BOTH your Smart Controller and BT-35e glasses - identical images in real time with the only exception being that the display from the glasses is HUGE and 'floating' any direction you turn your head compared to the SC display being small and stationary. Does that answer your question or were you referring to something else?

Last edited:
Ok that is what i wanted to know, I’m not understanding about fpv that where it feels like you are in the camera, I guess I just do not get what I’m reading, I’m still getting the glasses,wondering is the dji goggles the same as these glasses?, I’m not getting goggles by the way, just trying to understand what people are meaning when they talk about fpv

Ok that is what i wanted to know, I’m not understanding about fpv that where it feels like you are in the camera, I guess I just do not get what I’m reading, I’m still getting the glasses,wondering is the dji goggles the same as these glasses?, I’m not getting goggles by the way, just trying to understand what people are meaning when they talk about fpv

FPV = First Person View.
Simply means you are virtually in the ‘cockpit’ of the quad - nothing more nothing less. I have read and viewed dozens of comparisons between the DJI goggles and the Epson smart glasses and 100% of the folks that tried both overwhelmingly preferred the Epson glasses.

Besides image quality and screen size the biggest benefit of the Epson glasses over the goggles is you still have full awareness around you as the glasses are very narrow and you can see through the semi-transparent screen - seeing both the drone and the image it’s transmitting as well as being able to glance down slightly to see your smart controller if needed (without moving your head).

With the DJI goggles you may as well have a 5 gallon bucket over your head because you are completely blind to everything outside the goggles and technically breaking the line of sight rule.

Last edited:
Ok ty for making fpv clear to me,and for all the information, Iv been looking for months at reviews on both and the glasses are way better choice, I will be ordering mine tomorrow, can’t wait [emoji4]

New guy here...My eyesight isn't as sharp as it was 20 years ago. I wear prescriptions for reading, but see distance okay. Do you guys think this setup would help these old eyes?. I have just completed my 11th "training" flight and am willing to experiment with new ideas before we take off to Fiji in July. If this will help, can someone send me a link to buy these glasses. I already use Bose headphones for audio, just trying to get a better video solution.. Also, what hardware are you guys using to mount your neckstrap?

New guy here...My eyesight isn't as sharp as it was 20 years ago. I wear prescriptions for reading, but see distance okay. Do you guys think this setup would help these old eyes?. I have just completed my 11th "training" flight and am willing to experiment with new ideas before we take off to Fiji in July. If this will help, can someone send me a link to buy these glasses. I already use Bose headphones for audio, just trying to get a better video solution.. Also, what hardware are you guys using to mount your neckstrap?

I wear fairly strong reading glasses but don’t require them at all for this set up - very surprised and pleased about that!

The links you are wanting are all contained in this thread including my neck strap install.

Most all of the neck strap mods require bulky eyebolts which makes no sense to me at all since the Smart Controller already has a fairly large footprint. Simply use flat head screws and any nylon neck strap you have laying around and burn a couple small holes at the ends with a soldering iron.

Reactions: Sentra52
Where will you mount the trackpad on your SC?
I dont have either of these products but I am well versed in there specs and capabilities. Im sorry to say that I dont believe youll be able to use the BT-300 alongside the SRC as they are both running their own OS. Its possible Epson may make a slave mode but not for several months I think, especially since that would hurt sales of their newer, HDMI input (No OS) BT-35E glasses, which I agree with a previous poster, is the perfect match for the SRC HDMI Outport.

Lastly, I doubt Epson will ever sell the BT-35E input unit separately, unfortunately.

Reactions: maven4336
I dont have either of these products but I am well versed in there specs and capabilities. Im sorry to say that I dont believe youll be able to use the BT-300 alongside the SRC as they are both running their own OS. Its possible Epson may make a slave mode but not for several months I think, especially since that would hurt sales of their newer, HDMI input (No OS) BT-35E glasses, which I agree with a previous poster, is the perfect match for the SRC HDMI Outport.

Lastly, I doubt Epson will ever sell the BT-35E input unit separately, unfortunately.

They're both running Android, but likely different versions - don't see any logical reason to use the BT-300s with the Smart Controller - would be like running two smart phones at the same time. The ideal setup is the BT-35e with the SC.

I wear fairly strong reading glasses but don’t require them at all for this set up - very surprised and pleased about that!

The links you are wanting are all contained in this thread including my neck strap install.

Most all of the neck strap mods require bulky eyebolts which makes no sense to me at all since the Smart Controller already has a fairly large footprint. Simply use flat head screws and any nylon neck strap you have laying around and burn a couple small holes at the ends with a soldering iron.
Thank You! I was hoping that this would be a visual improvement. I am ordering glasses tonight!

They're both running Android, but likely different versions - don't see any logical reason to use the BT-300s with the Smart Controller - would be like running two smart phones at the same time. The ideal setup is the BT-35e with the SC.
Totally agree w/ that last sentance. Im hoping to acquire both very soon!

Totally agree w/ that last sentance. Im hoping to acquire both very soon!

Flysign I’m trying to get myself to make the order, please give me a kick to do it, I know I will luv the glasses, hand on the trigger lol

haha - trust me, you're gonna LOVE your new setup for lots of reasons!!

Ok ty I’m making the leap,will let ya know when fed ex pulls up. I’m going to 2nd day air should be here Friday thanks

Luv my bt-35 , works great with Mavic2pro, phantom 4pro seems to lag a little, and can not fly over 2000’ Iv research and I’m certain it is the android or hdmi output, if I could do a firmware update on phantom 4pro plus controller I maybe able to fix, really like flying phantom with regular controller anyway,phantom 4pro is hard to fly compared to Mavic2pro,you need all the focus you have to not screw up, never had any crashes and do not plan on it, bt-35 are expensive but the killer heads up display is great, you can see better than the controller and colors are smoking hot, ty again flysign for your information

This is my setup with the Epson Moverio BT-35E glasses. For sound, I use a wireless earbud I pair with the Smart Controller. The floating Moverio image is comparable to a 90” HD television at 15ft +\-
Morning all been following this and it has been most helpful I’ve now got the Bt35e and my SC should be with me Monday for Mavic 2 Just wondering if I don the hdmi mod on my phantom 4pro would i be able to use the BT 35e on it thanks to you all Vince

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb