DJI Smart Controller is back in stock

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
I purchased through Best Buy for $690 (shipped and taxed); it's in the middle of shipping and should be here on Monday. It was out of stock and took three days to ship. Now it's available for $750. I feel like I made out.

Last edited:
I purchased through Best Buy for $690 (shipped and taxed); it's in the middle of shipping and should be here on Monday. It was out of stock and took three days to ship. Now it's available for $750. I feel like I made out.

I have been waiting on Best Buy but never going to get that price again. $749 ugh. $860 on ebay and some $350 from hong kong, ummmm

Their new stock of Smart Controllers didn’t last long. DJi Store is sold out again. But I was able to find it for $649 at Crutchfield.com. Crutchfield is currently out of stock, but they are still letting you pre-order it at the $649 price. Free shipping and no sales tax, so I don’t mind waiting for it to get the $100 savings with no tax or shipping fees.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
um...no it is not :(
Their new stock of Smart Controllers didn’t last long. DJi Store is sold out again. But I was able to find it for $649 at Crutchfield.com. Crutchfield is currently out of stock, but they are still letting you pre-order it at the $649 price. Free shipping and no sales tax, so I don’t mind waiting for it to get the $100 savings with no tax or shipping fees.
I cannot believe they actually had stock...I have been checking their website 10-12 times daily, set myself up for alerts and it has been about two weeks now! sheesh. Why can't we place a backorder?

To add to the confusion I just had a very frustrating "chat" online with DJI customer service...I must have explained several times but kept getting questions and going in circles
example: I have an ipad and iphone. On my ipad connected to local wifi and no vpn (in case you are wondering)- same setup with iphone
no explanation for this to be happening but on my ipad the DJI store says I can purchase for $749!? But I am in Canada! My iphone says not available...hmmm I am logged in to my account on both devices. I place SC into my cart on ipad. My iphone is updated to show item added but states now it is "out of stock!" So I guess if I pay the Trump tax I can buy....wait...nope. The customer service rep says I must have an American address. Guess there are advantages to being American after all. Getting a better price because I am Canadian means nothing if there is no inventory...oh well...probably just as well I do not buy one.
still weird though why my ipad shows one price, yet the iphone has another...just saying

Chatted with DJI Saturday about inventory for Canada; got the same scripted answer. Decided to check online and really lucked out! omniviewtech.ca had 3 in stock ($889 CDN) and so ordered one that may arrive tomorrow. So yes I am excited!

Reactions: ff22
Does anyone know when DJI expects to receive more Smart Controllers? I was able to order one from the DJI online store when I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro and Ronin-S two weeks ago. At the time I ordered, the product page for the Smart Controller was showing an expected ship time 3-5 days after processing payment. But it’s been two weeks now and the Smart Controller still has not shipped. Last week DJI customer support was able to split out the shipments of my order to allow the Mavic 2 Pro and Ronin-S to be shipped out immediately and not be held back by the Smart Controller. So at least I now I can start flying using the included remote and iPhone. Would b nice to not have to use my phone and use the Smart Controller instead.

Just this afternoon, I received a notice from B&H saying they (finally) had the SC in stock. I placed my order and have an estimated delivery date of Friday, July 12. Price was $749, no tax, no shipping charge. $100 more than I expected to pay, pre-tariff, but I'm tired of lugging around an iPad, MavMount, cables, and needing to keep an extra item charged.

It's in stock if you request a reminder at the DJI website. I had one the next day but I think it's because they know me.

I was on the B&H "reminder" wait list for a couple of months. When I received the email notice, I immediately placed the order, they shipped it that day.

I was on the B&H "reminder" wait list for a couple of months. When I received the email notice, I immediately placed the order, they shipped it that day.

I mean, I e-mailed them are you guys going to ship it or not after the back-order date of 3-5 days and they did the same day. Some companies do this when you ask. You get prioritized to the top or it just happens to be a coincidence. I was ready to cancel.

I see. In my case they didn't even take back orders because they knew it might be a long wait. They sent me a status email weekly saying it was still not available. Then, one or two days after the B&H availability email, I also received an email from DJI saying they were in stock.

DJI Store still showing no stock here. Been checking it daily for weeks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo