DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller (just announced)

Having worked for that outfit, I can tell you that it's a Customs thing. FedEx doesn't want a ton of boxes taking up space in Memphis so it wouldn't surprise me if your problems get resolved quickly.
I guess if they require info from DJI, it is about 1:00AM in China and I am sure DJI is closed. It has been in a clearance pending status since about 1:00AM this morning. So about 10 hrs now. I've pretty much given up on getting it tomorrow as it was originally scheduled. What sucks is I made work arrangements so I could be there tomorrow morning to sign for it.

I just read on the DJI forum where is might be a government shutdown issue that DJI can not do anything about. Hope it is not true. Delayed Smart Controller at FedEx
I doubt FedEx would allow DJI to use them as a storage facility if that is the case. I may be wrong, but I doubt DJI would be shipping anything to the US if the gov shutdown was effecting their shipping process.

This was posted on the DJI forum.....

Hi SergeyUA, sorry to read your frustrations with regards to your order. I know that this is something really important. We want you to know that this is already escalated and send already follow up and lift your order to our higher department and assigned as priority order. Appreciate your patience.

Reactions: Air_Gunner

Hi SergeyUA, sorry to read your frustrations with regards to your order. I know that this is something really important. We want you to know that this is already escalated and send already follow up and lift your order to our higher department and assigned as priority order. Appreciate your patience.

They have to be aware that a lot of their orders are being held up! Mine has been that way for going on 14 hours. I honestly don't expect it anytime soon. So happy I rearranged my work schedule to be home to sign for it. What a waste!!!

"We are sorry for the delay in the clearance, the package was shipped in a bulk container under a separate waybill number, the mother waybill is clearance delayed currently. Our logistics team is working on it with US FedEx, it should be updated soon, we will also keep an eye on it, please wait pateintly, thank you."

Reactions: ff22
Mine was shipped requiring INdirect signature. Which means I can leave a signed note on the door. I don’t have to meet the FedEx driver.

When I ordered the Zoom direct from DJI, it shipped from Calif. But I was able to redirect the delivery to a nearby Walgreens and pick it up there. I thought it required a signature but maybe not. But this is shipping from China so all bets are off including customs duty???

When I ordered the Zoom direct from DJI, it shipped from Calif. But I was able to redirect the delivery to a nearby Walgreens and pick it up there. I thought it required a signature but maybe not. But this is shipping from China so all bets are off including customs duty???

Mine came from China, extra batteries and accessories came from DJI Atlanta.

If the shipper requests a "direct" or "adult" signature, you have to be there to meet the driver, they won't leave it. In my case DJI requested an "indirect" signature, which means anyone can sign for it, or you can tape a note to your door. I usually just print out the tracking page and sign that. B&H Photo (NYC) is notorious for requiring an "adult" signature, so I try to avoid using them unless their price is really good, or they are only place I can find something.

DJI contacted me a second time, apologized and advised the problem had already been corrected. I'll get it Monday and guess that opens up my weekend. Annoying, but only a delay of one business day.

Reactions: Air_Gunner
Now you can take off Monday too and have a really long weekend. :)
Mine came from China, extra batteries and accessories came from DJI Atlanta.

If the shipper requests a "direct" or "adult" signature, you have to be there to meet the driver, they won't leave it. In my case DJI requested an "indirect" signature, which means anyone can sign for it, or you can tape a note to your door. I usually just print out the tracking page and sign that. B&H Photo (NYC) is notorious for requiring an "adult" signature, so I try to avoid using them unless their price is really good, or they are only place I can find something.

DJI contacted me a second time, apologized and advised the problem had already been corrected. I'll get it Monday and guess that opens up my weekend. Annoying, but only a delay of one business day.

Same here. Two responses and the second was an apology. I replied with a thank you and no problem. Even though I was a little teed off. **** happens.

Reactions: Richmadonna
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead