DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller (just announced)

Placed order for the controller on Saturday, 12th, arrived Friday, 18th so a pretty good turnaround. The display is retina burning bright so no doubt it will work well in direct sunlight, and it feels very well built. The supplied charger works as a fast charger, but its a shame the Mavic 2 Pro charger cannot charge it at the same rate, means one more charger in the travel bag if you want a quick turnaround.

Setup was impressive and the linking with the Mavic 2 Pro was easy. So far so good.

The bugs so far are you cannot download any other apps, if you can they don’t work properly as they know you don’t have the App Store, and when you hit screen record everything goes to slow mo!

Not tried installing other apps. The only bug I have experienced is popup box in I assume one of the Chinese languages with two buttons but have not idea what it says, I just click another part of the screen and it disappears. Probably says click here to win a million dollars or something.

Hello!
I tried installing apk on the Smart Controller, benchmarking and playing games.

So the control sticks work to control the game or you have to use the screen? I have to admit I am not sure I would install games but Litchi perhaps. I read somewhere the amazon store installs from the web browser.

Last edited:
The controller (DJI RC) was recognized by the key mapping application, but sticks and switches are not recognized and can not be assigned.
Games and TELLO will be done by screen operation.

Well, I pulled the trigger. DJI says it will ship in 1 to 3 business day. Where do they ship from. Its Christmas in January now.

I just pulled the trigger as well. Over the weekend I had caught wind of the FCC re-activating the Equipment Authorization system on Friday the 18th (I did post about it on here), and that is when the controller got its authorization to be sold in the States

Luckily we did not have to wait for the never ending shutdown in this case

Mine also says ships in 1 to 3 business days.

Now i need to find a new case to hold it though. I bought the Dacckit and love it. Maybe they will make another one?

DJI says it will ship in 1 to 3 business day. Where do they ship from.
When ordering brand new products from the DJI Store, I normally get them from China if they ship shorty after the release event. Since the Smart Controller has been announced two weeks ago, they likely have units in the US waiting to go out.

Let us know where your order ships from when the DJI Store sends you the tracking information via email.

For those who got 2 controllers now - is there any support currently to use new radio to control gimbal separately from using old one for flying? I could not understand what is the current status - is a depricated feature comparing to previous mavic generation, or just a temporary firmware bug to be fixed?

For those who got 2 controllers now - is there any support currently to use new radio to control gimbal separately from using old one for flying? I could not understand what is the current status - is a depricated feature comparing to previous mavic generation, or just a temporary firmware bug to be fixed?

If you mean using two controllers, that feature discussion was totally removed from the most recent manual. Might it reappear???? Only DJI knows.

If you mean using two controllers, that feature discussion was totally removed from the most recent manual. Might it reappear???? Only DJI knows.
Is it no longer working or just removed from a manual? How did it work before? Did it allow to use joysticks to control gimbal?

I ordered my Smart Controller this morning like a lot of others. Payment was already confirmed. Hope it ships soon. Would love to get it later this week. We'll see....

Last edited:
I just ordered Mavic 2 Pro with the Smart Controller and it should be here by next week. DJI, even though they announced the Smart Controller at the recent show, have the combo packs ready to ship with the new controller. Too cold to fly anyway for me.

Nice. Maybe you could advise us how you found a cover for the controller inside the package but I doubt this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan