DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Smart Controller / Mavic 2 Enterprise / Dji Pilot App

Yes, as of today the smart controller does not work with the E birds. You can load the pilot app on the controller but the M2E or M2ED won’t link.

Locate apkpure w/ Lighting Browser and load Pilot from there.

Does anyone know what firmware V01.00.0350 addresses?

Was hoping M2E connectivity but the latest exchange w/ DJI supports no joy.

Reactions: ff22
Locate apkpure w/ Lighting Browser and load Pilot from there.

Does anyone know what firmware V01.00.0350 addresses?

Was hoping M2E connectivity but the latest exchange w/ DJI supports no joy.

Thanks. I have found that site. Wonder why they have not allowed access to the google store.

The update adds the Waypoint options and apparently fixes map orientation and maybe other stuff???

Using the built in browser, DJI store link and it loaded, boots up, etc. Just won’t connect to the M2E or ED

Please let me clarify here. The new Smart controller is not compatible with M2E Dual?
Is there an update coming to make this happen?
Thank you in advance

At the show when the DJI smart controller first came out, they were told that anything using Occu Sync 2 would be compatible ,they even said the Mavic 2 and the Enterprise, now DJI is backing off on this. I have The M2E dual and have been using the crystalsky. But when I received the smart controller and tried it... nope...I hate to say this but no more DJI for me. I will keep using the M2E for SAR, but my Voyager 4 has been more helpful and my Evo also. The only thing I need the M2E for is IFR..

SC uses new different API, so, neither old app is able to speak with the radio, not pilot nor Litchi, nothing yet. Very odd they did not do m2e support.

At the show when the DJI smart controller first came out, they were told that anything using Occu Sync 2 would be compatible ,they even said the Mavic 2 and the Enterprise, now DJI is backing off on this. I have The M2E dual and have been using the crystalsky. But when I received the smart controller and tried it... nope...I hate to say this but no more DJI for me. I will keep using the M2E for SAR, but my Voyager 4 has been more helpful and my Evo also. The only thing I need the M2E for is IFR..
As a pilot, why would you fly a UAV (drone) in IFR conditions? IFR conditions listed by FAR Part 91 as defined by the following chart, same would apply to UAV's. Even if you are IFR qualified, your DJI M2E is not qualified for IFR conditions and you require clearance with ATC before takeoff in IFR conditions. This is the difference in knowledge, skills and experience between FAA certified pilots and UAV pilots. No wonder DJI backed off because their M2E's and operators don't meet minimum requirements. The M2E Dual beacon doesn't meet the requirements, you require ATC clearance and transponder (ADS-B) which is not available on M2E dual. It may have a ADB-B receiver, but no transceiver. You could see other aircraft, but they couldn't see your M2E dual without proper IFR transponder and ATC clearance.
vfr_weather_minimums-e1475985582946.png

Last edited:
mxburner likely typed ‘IFR’ when he meant ‘poor visibility’(i.e. night operations with a waiver, smoke during a fire department response, etc.). Common mistake and understandable.

A small number of sUAS pilots are Part 107...fewer hold 107 and certificates for manned aircraft. Most UAV pilots understand VFR minimums, not IFR rules.

I have both a Remote Pilot certificate and a Private Pilot certificate (with ASEL and Instrument Airplane); I know the difference and read it as I stated above.

As far a DJI backing off on implementing the Pilot app for the Smart Controller...rumor mill (from a reliable source at a big Enterprise dealer) indicates it WAS primarily developed for the Enterprise side of the business, but then the consumer (M2) side latched onto it. This allegedly resulted in an internal fight between the two DJI divisions, and the delay.

If this is indeed true I hope they kiss and make up soon...like many others I’d like the SC to be usable with our M2Es!

mxburner likely typed ‘IFR’ when he meant ‘poor visibility’(i.e. night operations with a waiver, smoke during a fire department response, etc.). Common mistake and understandable.

A small number of sUAS pilots are Part 107...fewer hold 107 and certificates for manned aircraft. Most UAV pilots understand VFR minimums, not IFR rules.

I have both a Remote Pilot certificate and a Private Pilot certificate (with ASEL and Instrument Airplane); I know the difference and read it as I stated above.

As far a DJI backing off on implementing the Pilot app for the Smart Controller...rumor mill (from a reliable source at a big Enterprise dealer) indicates it WAS primarily developed for the Enterprise side of the business, but then the consumer (M2) side latched onto it. This allegedly resulted in an internal fight between the two DJI divisions, and the delay.

If this is indeed true I hope they kiss and make up soon...like many others I’d like the SC to be usable with our M2Es!

As a fellow pilot, does your M2E meet FAA IFR requirements? DJI chose not to include a ADS-B "transceiver" with the M2E dual. Sure, it lets you now where other aircraft are that choose to broadcast their ADS-B/MLAT xpdr's in your area, but does them no good if they can't see your ADS-B squawk. I believe DJI is using its users as beta testers (what else is new) for when the FAA requires all drones have an ADS-B transceiver.

I take it that’s a rhetorical question....

The same could be said for using the ADS-B receiver for 107.31 (VLOS) applications...moot point as (a) the requirement to transmit ADS-B is not in place until 2020 and (b) will only be required in certain classes of airspace.

Seeing as how the OP started this thread wondering when the SC with the DJI Pilot app will be available for the M2E-series birds this sidebar on IFR/ADS-B might be better served as a separate thread...with more input from members (hint, hint)...

My SC is back to DJI on an RMA. Went circles w/ them trying to define what "future" means in terms of a Pilot update. When the intro video for the SC was mentioned showing the M2E piloted from the SC they were quick to yank the video from the DJI store.

Apologies to the list for hinting (in certainty) the Pilot app was available for the SC earlier in this thread - that was based on enterprise dealer saying they were indeed beta testers in this case a M2ED - not sure if they were blowing smoke as DJI was rather surprised to hear such - call this one on-me to blame for over-exuberance - DJI does give a flip but very dysfunctional from my perspective.

Reactions: mrreddog
it probably all is dependent upon final release of a new API they used on the SC - between radio and GO4 app. it probably needs to be integrated with a Pilot app and it is not done yet and who knows when/how it will get done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan