DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller question

That is an expensive way to solve you disconnect problem. I would first try to determine why you are having that problem. If it is happening in the same location, you should try flying somewhere else and see what happens. Also try refreshing the firmware on the controller and aircraft. If you are just looking for an excuse to get a Smart Controller then go for it. I have a Smart Controller with a Mavic 2 Zoom. I love them both! The Smart Controller is a big improvement over the controller-cell phone set up with my Mavic Pro. I have not had any problems with the Smart Controller.

Reactions: drakkor and PAW
There our a lot of threads about the getting another cord as that seems to be the issue for many.
We do use the Smart Controller and for the most part it has been flawless on all the 2600 ft runs we have done.

Once you go SC you can never go back to the cords as you get spoiled really quick.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting edge gear for your Mavic
Coal

"Once you go SC you can never go back to the cords as you get spoiled really quick. " <-- As someone who bought a SC recently, I super totally agree with you on that ! :p

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I second that, I would like to know as well. Thanks.
If you have a look at the screen dump of my SC in post#10, you will see that I have Google Play installed, which is why I have all of the other applications that you can see on the screen. Regardless of the SC being a bit custom, it's still an Android tablet.

Reactions: PTBperegrine
How did you get the google play store on the SC? I have been trying but no luck. I am an IOS guy so not familiar with the android operating system.

How did you get the google play store on the SC? I have been trying but no luck. I am an IOS guy so not familiar with the android operating system.
When I get back to my hotel room I'll put up a quick post on how to do it :)

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Well, it depends on what you mean by "will it do what you see at this link." Inasmuch as "will it execute a flight plan like this" then the answer is yes, as you can import mission plans into Litchi and the drone will fly them. But as for designing photogrammetry missions as shown in the video, you're trying to compare Litchi (or any Android/iOS application for that matter) with a full-blown PC application, which isn't valid. Of course, you can design your missions in UgCS and then load them into Litchi and then you're good to go. UgCS looks good for the money (perpetual license though, not the stupid subscription ripoff).

FWIW, I haven't had any problems loading my standard Android apps onto the SC. I've found Pix4D is handy for a simple, quick'n'dirty all-in-one mission planner as long as you don't mind simple rectangular footprints. Anything fancier, and you're better of with UgCS, DroneDeploy, etc. This is what I'm using on my SC at the moment; my actual EFB is my old Samsung Note Pro 12.2 which I've recycled by wiping off the Samsung crapware version of Android and installing Oreo 8.1 on it. Some applications are installed on the SC for redundancy. The SC and the Samsung exchange files in the field via Bluetooth.

View attachment 79133
Ive never been able to get Pix4D to connect using the Smart Controller and the M2P. What method did you use? Using the SC with Google Services, installed Pix4D and Ctrl via Play Store. The drone won't connect.

I keep getting disconnects while using the Smart Controller with my M2P.
At first I thought it was because I was using the DJI Goggles(RE) at the same time but even without them it keeps going to the "Go Fly" screen without notice. Go Fly does reconnect quickly and I have not had to deal with RTH issues.
Can someone point me to how to "reflash" the firmware to see if that fixes the issue.

I keep getting disconnects while using the Smart Controller with my M2P.
At first I thought it was because I was using the DJI Goggles(RE) at the same time but even without them it keeps going to the "Go Fly" screen without notice. Go Fly does reconnect quickly and I have not had to deal with RTH issues.
Can someone point me to how to "reflash" the firmware to see if that fixes the issue.
You should be able to update and refresh using the Assistant 2.

Reactions: PointG
I have found that faulty cables have been an issue quite frequently... so check that for sure... Even "new" or like new cbales have been the bad boy.

oh---

I did look it up...but may I ask what you mean by reflashing? and how is it done..?
You can refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 by following the video below:
You can download the DJI Assistant 2 from THIS DJI PAGE

Reactions: Icelandman and ff22
You can refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 by following the video below:
You can download the DJI Assistant 2 from THIS DJI PAGE
Thank you so much for the advice. I had actually done this and reset the controller which has stopped the Go4 App from freezing but the clock keeps changing every time I switch the controller off! So every time I switch on again I have to reset the time by 1-3 hours which is incredibly frustrating! I am at a loss as to what to do now!

Thank you so much for the advice. I had actually done this and reset the controller which has stopped the Go4 App from freezing but the clock keeps changing every time I switch the controller off! So every time I switch on again I have to reset the time by 1-3 hours which is incredibly frustrating! I am at a loss as to what to do now!
Have you tried turning off the automatically obtain network time feature and manually modify the time to the correct time and see if that fixes it? Also make sure your time zone is set correctly.

Reactions: PAW and Icelandman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d