DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI SPARK rumor updates + leaked video

Really curious about how a 250-300 gr drone will be able to withstand small wind gusts. I had a nanodrone before and she was quite unstable (rocked like a small boat on the water); yet the build was kind of different to this one.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
I've seen many kickstarter ads on mini-drones and the big selling point was the follow-me feature. These things are just a little smaller than the palm of your hands. Maybe the Spark is DJI's attack at those whose trying to take that market. If DJI is creating it I have to think its going to be better than what others will mock up.

i have a Dobby that I use if people are around and there is no wind. Its an expensive little toy but at 200 grams clearly avoids new drone regs in Canada. ridiculously short flying time, 5 minutes, really just to get a shot and back. But it is amazingly popular and if DJI can keep Sparky below 250 grams, add a few minutes, and have a gimbal they have a segment killer product that will blow away Breeze, so to speak, and Dobby.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Yes, it may blow away Breeze but it is still much bigger than a Dobby as it is not foldable. You cannot put a Spark just into your pocket such as a Dobby. I will stay tuned for Dobby 2 which should show up within the next 3 months due to rumors.

I would have thought a FPV racer to use their new Snail ESC/Motors. But the leaked photos do not show Snail motors.

The leaked video I've seen shows pitch and roll response - no indication of yaw.

Camera wise it could be the same as the MP (there goes the resale market) and the MP2 will end up with larger motors, larger battery and P4P level camera next year or by Xmas.

Reactions: Fearless Flight
Really curious about how a 250-300 gr drone will be able to withstand small wind gusts. I had a nanodrone before and she was quite unstable (rocked like a small boat on the water); yet the build was kind of different to this one.

If the power/weight ratio is high enough and the control loop response fast enough then size doesn't matter very much for stability.

MavicPro and P4P in gusting wind. MP does great.

So expect the Spark to be pretty good up to some large fraction of its max speed in gusty wind.

I think its going to have a 2.7 cam not 4 but who knows for sure. Im not selling my MP quite yet. Im sure alot of Mavic fans wont want to get rid of their Mavs for the Spark, which to me is just a Breeze with electric 2 axis gimabl where the Breeze has a manual 1 axis gimbal.

If those intro images (from the teaser clip posted above) are really recorded with the tiny Spark camera - I'm ready to sell my Mavic, if you know what I mean ;)
Honestly, I really doubt it will beat the mavic camera. DJI is fast in tehnology upgrades, but I doubt they are really that fast.

If those intro images (from the teaser clip posted above) are really recorded with the tiny Spark camera - I'm ready to sell my Mavic, if you know what I mean ;)
Honestly, I really doubt it will beat the mavic camera. DJI is fast in tehnology upgrades, but I doubt they are really that fast.
Probably more like a selfie drone with a decent camera but not that good of a range.

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_