DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support Comment

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
After noting that my gimble continued a downward movement even after releasing my finger from the scroll wheel (after looking downward a bit using my Mav3) I sent my drone and controller to DJI upon their request. They returned a new drone but the same controller. The issue was not fixed. Shortly thereafter the SD card slot refused to eject cards. I created a new support request and sent both back. I also wrote dji and gave feedback on the problem ([email protected]) explaining my disappointment that nobody actually tested the drone and controller to ensure the problem had been fixed and irritation with problem with the new drone. So that was disappointing but at least DJI replied with this:

"We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, it does seem to be that our technicians missed that portion of the evaluation. We will definitely properly evaluate both units once received and will keep you updated once we receive the damage assessment results.
I also want to kindly inform you that since the case has just been here, we will provide complimentary 2-day shipping outbound and will also provide a gift. "

I'd prefer that no mistakes had been made, let alone two of them but I'm pleased to get my (hopefully) repaired drone back via 2nd day since I live in Alaska and ground typically takes about 3 months (or so it seems).

Calibrating the remote would have most likely fixed the problem. That’s why the repair didn’t work and may happen again in the future. Simple procedure done in the FLY app. Many problems can be fixed through calibration, like the IMU if drone acting weird. If the drone not responding properly to commands, calibrate the remote.

How long does the gimbal continue to move after you release the wheel?

I suspect you know this, but I'll toss it out just in case. There's a damping function you can adjust to prevent sudden stops in gimbal motion. It causes the gimbal to stop slowly rather than abruptly.

Reactions: Don A.
Calibrating the remote would have most likely fixed the problem. That’s why the repair didn’t work and may happen again in the future. Simple procedure done in the FLY app. Many problems can be fixed through calibration, like the IMU if drone acting weird. If the drone not responding properly to commands, calibrate the remote.
Done. Several times.

How long does the gimbal continue to move after you release the wheel?

I suspect you know this, but I'll toss it out just in case. There's a damping function you can adjust to prevent sudden stops in gimbal motion. It causes the gimbal to stop slowly rather than abruptly.
It will continue to move downward until it reaches the point it is viewing all the way down. It's not a matter of it stopping a bit slowly, it doesn't stop at all and instead the camera continues to move downward until it can't move further, or at least it comes close to the bottom before it stops. In order to stop it from moving further downward I have to push back on the scroll wheel which often result in a slight movement upward or at least a less-than-smooth end to the downward movment. I calibrated everything possible multiple times. I'm convinced the problem is with the controller and not the drone but they simply sent a new drone and called it good. We'll see. Both are at the factory now and hopefully they come back with the controller fixed as well as the faulty SD card in the drone repaired. At least my Mini3 is on the way...

Reactions: MS Coast
Is the gimbal wheel included in remote calibration? I thought it was only the sticks...

Is the gimbal wheel included in remote calibration? I thought it was only the sticks...
yes...it has you move the gimble wheel fully forward and back as well as rotate the sticks.

Reactions: EpicFlight
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato