DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Support response and a warning to anyone who wants a DJI product.

Please read the thread from the start to my posts before comments, it was only 106m away. It was flown well within limits.

Please read the thread from the start to my posts before comments, it was only 106m away. It was flown well within limits.

Sorry, got a bit derailed from way in the beginning. I think they owe you a new drone, but if threatening them with BBB and other means won't work the discount may be the only compensation. Even that might be negotiable, ask them for 50% instead of 30.

Sorry, got a bit derailed from way in the beginning. I think they owe you a new drone, but if threatening them with BBB and other means won't work the discount may be the only compensation. Even that might be negotiable, ask them for 50% instead of 30.

I have learned it's all negotiable.

In the case of my P3 that fell from the sky, they went the extra mile eventually. Once they agreed to replace it!

Reactions: cderoche
Exactly. If car manufacturers were to behave the same way as DJi does then GM, Ford, Dodge would make you connect to the Internet before you could drive your car and if you drove 5 miles over the limit start throttling you back and giving you warnings! Then they would install software to give you a maximum speed range you could drive and watch every zone you went into. If a driver breaks the law and injuries someone ... well they have courts for that. It isn't the car that breaks the law, it is the driver. It's the driver that gets punished. It should not be any different with drones. DJi needs to get over themselves. Their attempt to control everyone's flying by degrading their product will eventually fail, just like gun control. People kill, guns don't ... they have no mind. DJi's efforts are childlike and silly. At this point ... I would not buy another DJi product.
People keep comparing drones to cars. They are not equivalent.

You don't have to get a license to fly a drone.
You don't have to register your drone.
You don't have to get insurance for your drone.
Drones don't go through the same rigorous testings and inspections as cars.
Etc.

Basically, anyone who thinks drones should be like cars are asking for all of the above. And from the looks of it, you're well on your way to getting your wish.

You don't have to get a license to fly a drone.
You don't have to register your drone.
You don't have to get insurance for your drone.
Drones don't go through the same rigorous testings and inspections as cars.
Etc.

Basically, anyone who thinks drones should be like cars are asking for all of the above. And from the looks of it, you're well on your way to getting your wish.

They do that because everyone keeps trying to regulate them like they were cars. What other hobbies will they regulate next? Wood whittling? Backyard baseball? Maybe roasting marshmallows.... Time the government reeled back a few notches. Can't do anything anymore without being monitored, hacked, surveilled, licensed, regulated, taxed and taxed some more. Planes are in far more danger from a flock of geese than a 1lb drone. Ask Captain Sullenberger.

And that is why drone companies, notably DJI, are trying to self-regulate as much as possible. So that they will get fewer government interference. But too many pilots are complaining and too many idiots are putting drones in the news in a negative way that now Congress is taking notice.

What would you rather have:

A. Manufacturers put more strict regulations. No license needed to fly. No need to register the drone. No insurance requirement. Fewer government restrictions in general.

B. Let's treat them like cars (which many people like to compare them to) so that there is no limitations on speed, height, NFZ, etc. Government steps in. License required to fly. Must register and insure drone. Government set speed limits, height limits, and a whole bunch of regulations. Just like cars.

It's really one or the other. Your pick. I'd much prefer A over B. And I can easily get around A. So no, I don't want drones to be like cars.

Latest update,
Well I basically told them I was looking for advice to take legal action as the advertised product was not as described and fit for the purpose it was intended for. Here's the reply:-

Thanks for getting back to us.
Firstly I would like to apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience that you experienced with our product.
We don't expect it but we respect your right. And whatever your final decision will be, you can also get back to us in a month at your convenience if you need the coupon code.
Have a nice day.

"Have a nice day", there you go, this is what DJII support does for you. Anyone need any spares?

If you would like to read about dealing with DJI's customer service, look at the Trust Pilot and see if purchasing a DJI product is for you...Haven't seen any positive responses. I had a flyaway and DJI after 3 weeks decided it was "Pilot Error"..I found it was a good way to vent...If those of you are enjoying your Quad, and everything is working, and you have had no issues you very lucky..However if you ever have an issue, you will find out just how difficult it is to deal with DJI...I suggest any one whose is considering to purchase a DJI product to go to the web site and read some of the problems users have encountered but d...FYI...DJI is a marketing company and very successful...they are not in the service business...they are awful. It will all catch up to them...Too bad, nicely designed product, they just do not know how to address customer problems..I have another and I hope I don't have any problems.
What you think of the response that took over a week, I will never buy a DJI product again as they will never admit its their fault when the product fails. Full transcript and logs available for anyone and will be posted soon if required, but waiting for their response first after another few days
To be honest, I did not see it do a flyaway as some have, too busy with the reconnect on the remote and waiting for it to come back, searched all night till it went dark and 4hrs the following day, simply not within 150m radius of where Find my drone said it should have been.

"Thanks for your patience.
For your claimed case CAS-??????-W?????, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked at GPS mode and responded to RC command well;

2. t=2:28, h=102 m, d=106 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward. The record ended suddenly.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:"

Absolutely disgraceful support.
Comments please.
What you think of the response that took over a week, I will never buy a DJI product again as they will never admit its their fault when the product fails. Full transcript and logs available for anyone and will be posted soon if required, but waiting for their response first after another few days
To be honest, I did not see it do a flyaway as some have, too busy with the reconnect on the remote and waiting for it to come back, searched all night till it went dark and 4hrs the following day, simply not within 150m radius of where Find my drone said it should have been.

For your claimed case CAS-??????-W?????, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

2. t=2:28, h=102 m, d=106 m, the aircraft flew forward after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward. The record ended suddenly.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:"

Comments please.

You don't have to get a license to fly a drone. . You do for com’l ops and I guarantee a “Recreatioan UAS Lic Is coming. The FAA makes no distinction in many of the knowledge requirements between Recreational Pilot License and the Private and Commercial Licenses.

You don't have to register your drone. Not yet. FAA original wanted to have N-number registration.

You don't have to get insurance for your drone. Some insurance companies no longer include recreational drone use in your homeowner’s policy. They require you get a standard aircraft insurance policy.

Drones don't go through the same rigorous testings and inspections as cars. FAA originally wanted manufacturing certification of drones and regular inspections. I am sure we will be seeing these requirements for drones with flying weights above 50 pounds....initially.

I am sure there would be a good chance of one of the genius's here could tell him exactly where to look to find the drone. But after months of people requesting the logs to help him find out what happened and where it probably ended up. He refuses to post the logs. It has been so long now, it wouldnt matter anyway. This thread wasnt about getting help, it was about denial, and hate for DJI for not just saying "OK your new drone is on the way"

Comments please.

I don’t think your gripe is really fair. I have had some shaky drones. Yes these DID fly away. They shot straight up at increased speed until I was out of range. Then bye bye. They were both around 100.00. My wife ribbed me so bad it was two yrs before I got another. This time I got a decent drone...a bebop refurbished. When I felt good about it I made the plunge and got a refurbished Mavic Pro. It has been up over 600 Times now. Maybe I’m just gun shy, or super careful, but my Mavic has always returned. It is one of my favorite possessions. BTW I still fly the Bebop2, it’s a good little drone, but nothing compares with the Mavic Pro. I dunno...like they say...”stuff happens”. Don’t give up. It’s the best.

I am sure there would be a good chance of one of the genius's here could tell him exactly where to look to find the drone. But after months of people requesting the logs to help him find out what happened and where it probably ended up. He refuses to post the logs. It has been so long now, it wouldnt matter anyway. This thread wasnt about getting help, it was about denial, and hate for DJI for not just saying "OK your new drone is on the way"
First it has been 6 weeks, not months as you stated, the reason I did not post the logs to the forum is because I sold everything. There’s no probable about where it is.....I saw in the logs of where it came down, I CAN’T retrieve it...it’s in a restricted preserve...no admittance. Had you read my initial post you would have been better informed. Your comments are the reason many do not want become involved in this, forum, you shoot from the hip, without any knowledge of the situation. I’d almost bet your typical answere is when someone asks a question is “read the manual”. How many forums are you a member of? What experience have you had with DJI customer service? Why are their ratings for service mostly in the Poor category? Your reply is mostly for social media. Either be constructive or keep your personal opinions to yourself. And to the forum members, try to rid the forum from agitators and cynics...Amen

UPDATE, all logs, transcripts will be available from tomorrow, I've given them more than enough time to come to a compromise, I will just state facts and everyone can come their own opinion, thanks for your interest.

First it has been 6 weeks, not months as you stated, the reason I did not post the logs to the forum is because I sold everything. There’s no probable about where it is.....I saw in the logs of where it came down, I CAN’T retrieve it...it’s in a restricted preserve...no admittance. Had you read my initial post you would have been better informed. Your comments are the reason many do not want become involved in this, forum, you shoot from the hip, without any knowledge of the situation. I’d almost bet your typical answere is when someone asks a question is “read the manual”. How many forums are you a member of? What experience have you had with DJI customer service? Why are their ratings for service mostly in the Poor category? Your reply is mostly for social media. Either be constructive or keep your personal opinions to yourself. And to the forum members, try to rid the forum from agitators and cynics...Amen

Who are you? My comments where directed at the OP, who this thread is about.

Whoever said "okay your new drone is on the way"..if it wasn't you...I apologize.

I said it. In context it applies to you too.
I just noticed that you came out of no where and used your first post to revive this thread from last july.

YOU lost your drone, it was determined as pilot error which is exactly what happened in 95% of these "flyaway" threads, you cant prove it otherwise because you disposed of the evidence.
Now, with your very first post on this forum, want to discredit DJI for not just handing out free $1000 drones every time someone screws up and loses one.
You could have bought personal property insurance, or DJI refresh, if you chose not to, it is on you.

Whoever said "okay your new drone is on the way"..if it wasn't you...I apologize.
dont let it bother you,itll all work itself out,i understand how frustrating messing your drone up can be,you have a good reason wanting to vent,heck some come here to vent for no reason at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid