DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI & the Frog

slkfis

Reactions
Here is an article I copied out of the North Carolina Electric Coop magazine I think ya'll will appreciate.

Attachments

• DJI Frog.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 110
Wow. What a funny story (not so much for the frog). I'd be interested to know how often this happens, who knew such a little thing could cause power outages.

Reactions: dronerdave
Here is an article I copied out of the North Carolina Electric Coop magazine I think ya'll will appreciate.
when they catch the frog, they will frog march it to the courthouse

I'd be interested to know how often this happens, who knew such a little thing could cause power outages.

It happens all the time with a variety of animals. I will admit in all the years I've worked as a troubleshooter I've never had a frog cross phase overhead line equipment, but birds, squirrels, cats...basically anything of reasonable size that can get up the structure or pole can cause havoc. Mylar balloons are a huge problem but birds are the worse by far and even a little starling can and do cause a lot of outages. I even had a snake take out a line once. Never had a multirotor cause an issue yet (as far as I know) but then again a large percentage of line relays are reported as no-cause after patrolling the line.

Cool article but please don't try to help the utility with a multirotor by flying close to utility equipment. Stay clear of power lines and equipment when flying unless you're qualified to be there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78