DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI & the Frog

slkfis

Reactions
Here is an article I copied out of the North Carolina Electric Coop magazine I think ya'll will appreciate.

Attachments

• DJI Frog.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 110
Wow. What a funny story (not so much for the frog). I'd be interested to know how often this happens, who knew such a little thing could cause power outages.

Reactions: dronerdave
Here is an article I copied out of the North Carolina Electric Coop magazine I think ya'll will appreciate.
when they catch the frog, they will frog march it to the courthouse

I'd be interested to know how often this happens, who knew such a little thing could cause power outages.

It happens all the time with a variety of animals. I will admit in all the years I've worked as a troubleshooter I've never had a frog cross phase overhead line equipment, but birds, squirrels, cats...basically anything of reasonable size that can get up the structure or pole can cause havoc. Mylar balloons are a huge problem but birds are the worse by far and even a little starling can and do cause a lot of outages. I even had a snake take out a line once. Never had a multirotor cause an issue yet (as far as I know) but then again a large percentage of line relays are reported as no-cause after patrolling the line.

Cool article but please don't try to help the utility with a multirotor by flying close to utility equipment. Stay clear of power lines and equipment when flying unless you're qualified to be there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique