DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI to restrict non-compliant drones at next software update

Good evening guys,

Please excuse my lazy & bottom line mentality approach if the answer has been given somewhere in the 29 pages that I did not read ( stopped at 3) prior. I have 4.0.7 on my Mavic - haven't updated & I have a dedicated phone for the mavic that is permanently on flight mode. I'm leaving for a farm in the middle of nowhere this weekend & haven't flown the mavic for two weeks. I don't want to get to the farm away from cellular reception only to find I can't fly my drone due to an update required.

Q1: Will I be able to keep flying it as I always did by just keeping the phone in flight mode ?
Q2: Will Purchasing the Litchi App override this problem?

Last edited:
I will tell you what happened to me.
Mavic and RC with firmware 0400;
I bought an ASUS ZE600KL (which works well), I installed the DJI go 4.0.7 I connected the smartphone, I made the login and I downloaded the offline map. I put the smartphone offline and I did some tests, everything OK.
Today, I'm going to fly with Mavic but I forgot to put the smartphone offline, just connect the Mavic, the DJI go 4.0.7 auto closes itself.
I put it offline and... continue to auto auto close itself :(
I have uninstalled and deleted all the DJI folders.
I installed the DJI go 4.0.6, I connected the smartphone, I made the login and I downloaded the offline map. I put the smartphone offline and I did some tests, everything OK.
I put the smartphone online and the same thing happened with the 4.0.6 :eek:
I tried again with the DJI go 4.0.4 and now everything works fine, both offline and online.
I do not think it is a case that with the DJI go 4.0.7 and 4.0.6 everything works fine offline while as soon as Mavic comes on with the smartphone online, the DJI go 4 goes into automatic close, although after you put it offline
I think it is intentional to force you to do the upgrade.

P.S. Excuse my bad english.
It is intentional ....... Never Mistake the Obvious ........ Good looking out Thumbswayup

Reactions: AGT
It is intentional ....... Never Mistake the Obvious ........ Good looking out Thumbswayup
Yes, it's definitely intentional Thumbswayup
If it can be useful to someone, I update what I said ...

I also tried the 4.0.5 version, which does not close automatically, but I had a crash and restart activating the connection during the flight
Version 4.0.3 works well but often the following warning appears: "Breaking now! Return sticks to midpoints first." even with "Ostacle Avoidance" disabled.
With previous versions you can not use offline maps.

With Mavic and RC firmware 01.03.0400, at the moment, the DJI Go version that works best seems to me the DJI Go 4.0.4 (Android phone/tablet).

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Just to add my experience:

I tested my mavic 4.0.7 ( android) this morning with flight mode still enabled.

Worked fine with no firmware update requirements.

Seems as long as flight mode is on & the phone doesn't connect to the internet you are good to "Go"

Reactions: Obecny
I have just been out with my mavic it has been on lockdown since the 200 firmware i have never had a message to update but today i got one even though the phone has never been off aircraft mode and on my second flight i got a message on dji go saying aircraft has been updated to comply with local regulations.so something must be in the goggles. The mavic didnt do a firmware update. I flew itnout about 2 miles over a wooded area and i still had full bars so it hasent changed anything and the nfzs are still switched off any ideas anyone

Just remembered when i first put the goggles on to fly the screen was flashing black ten back to the camera i took them off and the dji go app was doing the same so i restarted everything and it was all ok

That's good news for those interested in the goggles and still on .400 or lower. But as I've always thought a forced update is inevitable. The Mavic and all its accessories are too sophisticated for them not to be on the same page at some point.

Reactions: rigor
I have noticed too that i have a stronger signal since i got the goggles i dont know if thats possible i used to lose the signal in built up areas but now it seems to go twice as far.

Reactions: LongRifle
I think they are brilliant the more i use them the better they seem and you can see exactly where you are flying

I think they are brilliant the more i use them the better they seem and you can see exactly where you are flying

Yeah it makes me feel so comfortable flying far away. It really instill's confidence.

I love the smooth setting. It's like a pro camera panning. Amazing

Stop it, guys! You're killing me!

I doubt I'll be able to get a set before the heat death of the universe, looking at how the backorders are piling up.

I will tell you what happened to me.
Mavic and RC with firmware 0400;
I bought an ASUS ZE600KL (which works well), I installed the DJI go 4.0.7 I connected the smartphone, I made the login and I downloaded the offline map. I put the smartphone offline and I did some tests, everything OK.
Today, I'm going to fly with Mavic but I forgot to put the smartphone offline, just connect the Mavic, the DJI go 4.0.7 auto closes itself.
I put it offline and... continue to auto auto close itself :(
I have uninstalled and deleted all the DJI folders.
I installed the DJI go 4.0.6, I connected the smartphone, I made the login and I downloaded the offline map. I put the smartphone offline and I did some tests, everything OK.
I put the smartphone online and the same thing happened with the 4.0.6 :eek:
I tried again with the DJI go 4.0.4 and now everything works fine, both offline and online.
I do not think it is a case that with the DJI go 4.0.7 and 4.0.6 everything works fine offline while as soon as Mavic comes on with the smartphone online, the DJI go 4 goes into automatic close, although after you put it offline
I think it is intentional to force you to do the upgrade.

P.S. Excuse my bad english.
Sounds like you need a firewall.... NetGuard - no-root firewall - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: AGT
Thank you for your advice! :)Unfortunately, if you use a firewall, DJI go 4 does not show offline maps while, if you put the phone in flight mode, you can use offline maps previously downloaded.
So far, the DJI go 4.0.4 seems to work well both offline and online;)

Thank you for your advice! :)Unfortunately, if you use a firewall, DJI go 4 does not show offline maps while, if you put the phone in flight mode, you can use offline maps previously downloaded.
So far, the DJI go 4.0.4 seems to work well both offline and online;)
You can use offline maps just fine with it. Download the ones you want, and they are stored in a folder called .djiHereMap.

Note that you should still have it to keep the app blocked for that day your forget to put your phone into airplane mode.

What happens if you have permission to fly in a generally restricted area and you bought your Mavic or another dji drone for a business? This is what I would like to get into in Canada and with the right steps I can fly it in many places that an ordinary person can't?

I have just come across this article ....... it pretty much sums it up to what DJI wants to try too do ? along with the governing laws of other countries , manly the USA ........ very interesting
..... DJI is tittering at the edge of the law...... A Global Information Gathering Network for UAS - DJI data collection - sUAS News - The Business of Drones This is the opinion of James Clapper the Chief pilot for arguably one of the largest commercial UAS service providers in the United States.

Its an interesting article. However, it is difficult to distinguish whether the author is 'disturbed about all the data being collected' or disturbed by the fact that the company collecting all the information is 'Chinese'.

Personally, I dont see what DJI is doing is any different than Google. In fact, DJI seems rather more transparent about what data it is collecting than a company like Google. Google reads all my emails (so they say) and has over 335,000 location data points on me. The author complains that 'opt-in' is only semi voluntary (in that if you dont, you may see a reduction of service) in much the same way Google is with Google maps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest