DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI understand their customers too well.

The Black Hornet is overpriced trash, don't be fooled.

No one's being fooled here. This is very OBVIOUSLY overpriced. While it's not nearly as cool as I would expect a $190,000 drone to cost, it's still kinda cool to see what's out there.

The original was a mere $40,000 so not sure where 190k came from, and of course as we all know, thanks to the generosity of taxpayers, anything made for the military normally has at least an extra random zero on the end of the price tag....

Reactions: Clinton1
A helicopter only changes the pitch of the rotor blades to increase or decrease lift, i.e. to go up or down. Other movement is obtained by tilting the entire rotor disc in the required direction of travel.
Which is accomplished by changing the pitch of the individual blades at various points throughout the rotation cycle. Increase the pitch of a blade as it passes the left side of the aircraft and decrease the pitch of the blade on the right causes the rotor disc to pitch (tilt) forward (depending on the direction of rotation of the blades). This is exactly what W&G was talking about.

So first they released the Mavic Pro, a small and quiet drone that can be used for spying.

Then, they released the MPP, an even quieter drone.

Then, they released the MA, an even SMALLER drone (who needs it to be this small?).

Then, they're releasing a small, quiet drone with a zoom (Mavic 2 Zoom)

Absolutely disgusting.
I can tell that paranoia has already taken hold of some!

Reactions: Underdog1964
So first they released the Mavic Pro, a small and quiet drone that can be used for spying.

Then, they released the MA, an even SMALLER drone (who needs it to be this small?).

Absolutely disgusting.

I'd be interested in hearing more about why you think it's "disgusting." I'm an Industrial Designer and product development is the hallmark of manufacturing. As technologies emerge and change, new products are born and sometimes the lead time is short. Detroit releases a new version of every car made, every year. No one finds that disgusting. I'm a little surprised that a drone pilot and owner would find the tools they use disgusting. I'm not judging, I'm just curious...

The original was a mere $40,000 so not sure where 190k came from, and of course as we all know, thanks to the generosity of taxpayers, anything made for the military normally has at least an extra random zero on the end of the price tag....

When it was first reported on 2013, it was $195k. By 2017, it had dropped to $40k.

Reactions: Dave Maine

Absolutely disgusting.

Well I'm pretty sure the Mavic 2 will be BIGGER than the Mavic Pro / Platinum. And the Mavic Pro and Platinum already have a 2x digital zoom. So nothing has really changed... <<shrug>>

Besides all that, a consumer drone is a pretty crappy way to "spy" on someone.

military contracts always come in at crazy $$
the price includes a full system that integrates into battlefield management systems. Australians have just put the black hornet 3 into service. I have had a play in controlled environment and was impressed. Speaking with some of the fellas that are using these things in exercises, they are also impressed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji