Not open for further replies.

wanderer

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mydroneviewer.com
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to gauge interest in new software I developed, tentatively called “DJI Viewer”. This software allows you to view your drone videos in a whole new way.

While your movie is playing you can see your drone's position update on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DJI Viewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone's speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. The software has been localized for Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese. And, importantly, DJI Viewer runs on both macOS and Windows computers. It is compatible with the SRT data files produced by the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and possibly other DJI drones. Applications include surveying, oil and gas research, search and rescue, archeology, geography, and just plain fun.

I believe it would make a useful companion-application to the family of DJI drones. I'm hoping that DJI will endorse, support, or best of all, license the software for all DJI customers. If you think it would be useful please let me (and DJI) know. I haven't released it yet.

Here are the main features:
  • Zoomable, translatable, resizable movie view
  • “Real time” display of drone's location on a Map
  • Automatically center map on vehicle, or keep map fixed
  • Drone route color-coded by speed
  • Click on drone's map route to jump to that position in movie
  • Heads-up display of current date, time, speed, distance, position, and bearing
  • Heads-up display of altitude and Satellites-in-View
  • Speedometer display of speed
  • Compass display of direction
  • Weather widget for retrieving weather conditions at the location and time of movie
  • Graphs of speed, distance, altitude, bearing, and satellites-in-View
  • Click on vehicle’s Graph trace to jump to that position in movie
  • Autoscale Graph views
  • Geotag points of interest and instant jump to those points in the movie sequence
  • Import and export Geotags to a file
  • “Real time” display of drone's line-of-sight distance from geotagged points
  • Movie List view shows drone's top speed in each movie
  • Remove uninteresting movies from the various views
  • Export sections of movies to separate movie files
  • Combine multiple movies into a single large movie
  • Variable playback speed control
  • Jump to fastest part of route instantly
  • Jump to any loaded movie instantly
  • Slider controls for switching between movies
  • Info display of movie file name, file size, and frame rate
  • Drag and drop loading of movies
  • Drag and drop loading of movie directories
  • GPS data export to CSV, KML, and GPX file formats
  • GPS data import of GPX file format
  • Export current movie window to JPG or PNG file
  • Auto-load movie directory upon start-up
  • Click to reveal currently-playing movie in Finder/Explorer
  • Support for kph or mph units
  • Support for timezone biasing
  • Documented keyboard and mouse shortcuts
  • Support for internet proxy server connection
  • User-selectable language support: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer

Sadly the Air doesn't write navigation data to the SRT file so unfortunately I’m not able to map a track. Too bad. I'd love to support it.

I would also be very Interested in this software. I didn’t read all your features list yet, but I’d like the ability to export the video and data to video files in very custom ways. Like video and full detail map that you can sync within premier and use them like a Multicam shot.

So basically take all your data and export a 4K version of the map data with what ever over lay data you want. Or a separate overlay video with alpha so you can use it how you want.

But more important make it really easy to sync the video between all the different types. Make them the same length and maybe use sound channel to encode an easy way to sync the video streams for Multicam use

But over all. I love your idea.

I also think it would be cool if you can draw an area on the map and it will build a timeline of video from within those bounds only.

Very cool! I like it!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to gauge interest in new software I developed, tentatively called “DJI Viewer”. This software allows you to view your drone videos in a whole new way.

While your movie is playing you can see your drone's position update on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DJI Viewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone's speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. The software has been localized for Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese. And, importantly, DJI Viewer runs on both macOS and Windows computers. It is compatible with the SRT data files produced by the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and possibly other DJI drones. Applications include surveying, oil and gas research, search and rescue, archeology, geography, and just plain fun.

I believe it would make a useful companion-application to the family of DJI drones. I'm hoping that DJI will endorse, support, or best of all, license the software for all DJI customers. If you think it would be useful please let me (and DJI) know. I haven't released it yet.

Here are the main features:
  • Zoomable, translatable, resizable movie view
  • “Real time” display of drone's location on a Map
  • Automatically center map on vehicle, or keep map fixed
  • Drone route color-coded by speed
  • Click on drone's map route to jump to that position in movie
  • Heads-up display of current date, time, speed, distance, position, and bearing
  • Heads-up display of altitude and Satellites-in-View
  • Speedometer display of speed
  • Compass display of direction
  • Weather widget for retrieving weather conditions at the location and time of movie
  • Graphs of speed, distance, altitude, bearing, and satellites-in-View
  • Click on vehicle’s Graph trace to jump to that position in movie
  • Autoscale Graph views
  • Geotag points of interest and instant jump to those points in the movie sequence
  • Import and export Geotags to a file
  • “Real time” display of drone's line-of-sight distance from geotagged points
  • Movie List view shows drone's top speed in each movie
  • Remove uninteresting movies from the various views
  • Export sections of movies to separate movie files
  • Combine multiple movies into a single large movie
  • Variable playback speed control
  • Jump to fastest part of route instantly
  • Jump to any loaded movie instantly
  • Slider controls for switching between movies
  • Info display of movie file name, file size, and frame rate
  • Drag and drop loading of movies
  • Drag and drop loading of movie directories
  • GPS data export to CSV, KML, and GPX file formats
  • GPS data import of GPX file format
  • Export current movie window to JPG or PNG file
  • Auto-load movie directory upon start-up
  • Click to reveal currently-playing movie in Finder/Explorer
  • Support for kph or mph units
  • Support for timezone biasing
  • Documented keyboard and mouse shortcuts
  • Support for internet proxy server connection
  • User-selectable language support: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
wow that looks like THE HOT SETUP!! NOW I WONDER HOW MUCH, I WOULDNT MIND GIVING IT A RUN!! GREAT JOB YOU SHOULD BE PROUD!!

Nice one, if you need a software tester, just let me know.

I could use this, hope it's done when my field season starts again in November.

Looks quite useful. What I would like is for it to generate .MOV with all of the telemetry that I could then overlay on the video in my editor. Ideally configurable as to what data elements are displayed where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78