DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"DJI Viewer" - new software for DJI drone video playback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a very handy piece of work. Shoot us a guess at a possible price. I’m sure a lot of people would love it including me. Count me in for a copy once you decide to test or sell.

I appreciate the positive feedback! My goal is to partner with DJI in some way so that you can have the software for free. I don't know if they even do that but I'd like to find out. If you have a contact at DJI, please PM me so I can get the ball rolling! ;)

Very interesting indeed... especially if the software can spit out screengrabs with exif /gps data

Very nice job. It is feature-rich, well laid out, and has critical information that can be useful in a variety of personal and business applications.

Do you have a price for it yet? When do you think it will be ready?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to gauge interest in new software I developed, tentatively called “DJI Viewer”. This software allows you to view your drone videos in a whole new way.

While your movie is playing you can see your drone's position update on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DJI Viewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone's speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. The software has been localized for Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese. And, importantly, DJI Viewer runs on both macOS and Windows computers. It is compatible with the SRT data files produced by the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and possibly other DJI drones. Applications include surveying, oil and gas research, search and rescue, archeology, geography, and just plain fun.

I believe it would make a useful companion-application to the family of DJI drones. I'm hoping that DJI will endorse, support, or best of all, license the software for all DJI customers. If you think it would be useful please let me (and DJI) know. I haven't released it yet.

Here are the main features:
  • Zoomable, translatable, resizable movie view
  • “Real time” display of drone's location on a Map
  • Automatically center map on vehicle, or keep map fixed
  • Drone route color-coded by speed
  • Click on drone's map route to jump to that position in movie
  • Heads-up display of current date, time, speed, distance, position, and bearing
  • Heads-up display of altitude and Satellites-in-View
  • Speedometer display of speed
  • Compass display of direction
  • Weather widget for retrieving weather conditions at the location and time of movie
  • Graphs of speed, distance, altitude, bearing, and satellites-in-View
  • Click on vehicle’s Graph trace to jump to that position in movie
  • Autoscale Graph views
  • Geotag points of interest and instant jump to those points in the movie sequence
  • Import and export Geotags to a file
  • “Real time” display of drone's line-of-sight distance from geotagged points
  • Movie List view shows drone's top speed in each movie
  • Remove uninteresting movies from the various views
  • Export sections of movies to separate movie files
  • Combine multiple movies into a single large movie
  • Variable playback speed control
  • Jump to fastest part of route instantly
  • Jump to any loaded movie instantly
  • Slider controls for switching between movies
  • Info display of movie file name, file size, and frame rate
  • Drag and drop loading of movies
  • Drag and drop loading of movie directories
  • GPS data export to CSV, KML, and GPX file formats
  • GPS data import of GPX file format
  • Export current movie window to JPG or PNG file
  • Auto-load movie directory upon start-up
  • Click to reveal currently-playing movie in Finder/Explorer
  • Support for kph or mph units
  • Support for timezone biasing
  • Documented keyboard and mouse shortcuts
  • Support for internet proxy server connection
  • User-selectable language support: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
I like this. Can some of us beta test for you?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to gauge interest in new software I developed, tentatively called “DJI Viewer”. This software allows you to view your drone videos in a whole new way.

While your movie is playing you can see your drone's position update on a Google Map. You can geotag key positions in the video and jump back to them instantly. You can click on your route in the Map View to jump immediately to that point in the movie. You can export portions of your videos to separate clips, or export just a single geotagged frame. DJI Viewer has multiple views including graphs of your drone's speed, altitude, distance, and bearing. Imperial and metric units are supported. The software has been localized for Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese. And, importantly, DJI Viewer runs on both macOS and Windows computers. It is compatible with the SRT data files produced by the Mavic Pro, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and possibly other DJI drones. Applications include surveying, oil and gas research, search and rescue, archeology, geography, and just plain fun.

I believe it would make a useful companion-application to the family of DJI drones. I'm hoping that DJI will endorse, support, or best of all, license the software for all DJI customers. If you think it would be useful please let me (and DJI) know. I haven't released it yet.

• Heads-up display of current date, time, speed, distance, position, and bearing
  • Weather widget for retrieving weather conditions at the location and time of movie
  • Autoscale Graph views
  • Geotag points of interest and instant jump to those points in the movie sequence
  • User-selectable language support: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
Great product be glad to beta test it and market on DroneTV on Roku or at the University’s I teach at. If you want to know more about me. Google Skip Fredricks

Definitely useful! Is there a way to view camera settings as well?

Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer

Looks very cool.
Are you in need of a beta tester?

Mike

Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
Wow. Sounds great. Keep us unformed please

Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
I would be happy to buy this, fantastic product!

Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
I think it had hif
It says both Mac and pc in the very first post complete with screen shots of both

Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
Hi Everyone,

• Autoscale Graph views
  • Users Manual

Thanks!

- wanderer
It sounds great. How can I get it to use???

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert