DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dlog Air 2s noise

canonsvogel

Reactions
Hello.

I tried Dlog today on the Air 2s. I noticed that DLog has more noise that the video with standard color profile. The noise is with straight-out-of-camera Dlog and Dlog with Lut through Davinci Resolve. The used lut is from the downloads tab of the DJI Air 2s website.

I thought that the colors from Dlog with their lut, should match with the normal color profile. But I noticed that the sky is bluer with the normal color profile, than with dlog with lut. The Dlog with lut has a more grey-ish look.

I obviously understand that dlog is ment to color grade, but I simply used a lut for this one...

Link with demo files: Dlog - Google Drive

The noise can be seen in the left-under corner.

I hope someone can help.

Last edited:
LOG tends to have more noise than a standard color profile since it is raising the shadows instead of crushing them down into the near blacks (where the compression algorithm tends to throw detail away). In general DJI drone footage often has some noise that needs to be cleaned up, and in my experience, D-LOG/D-Cinelike almost always has more. If you have the Studio version of Resolve, it usually cleans up nicely using temporal noise reduction set to 2 frames with an amount of around 20.

As far as the d-log+lut not looking the same as standard, I don't think they exactly try to match the standard profile with the LUT. DJI's standard profile is too aggressive with contrast and throws away quite a bit of DR. You can probably match the color of the sky by turning the saturation up or possibly working with HSL curves.

Reactions: Roamer105
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21