DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do any of you use your Air 3 commercial purposes?

TexasEric

Reactions
I am about to buy my 1st drone this week. I am torn between the Air 3 and Mini 4 pro. What ever I choose will have care refresh on it.

I originally planned on getting a Mini 4, but I am also thinking about creating a part time gig using the drone. The Air 3 with fly more kit would be at the upper end of my price range. I already have my Trust, and I bought the study guide for the part 107 from the pilot institute today. I think passing will not be an issue with that.

The Air 3 is more stable, faster, and has more film options than the mini. Probably more fun to play around with as well.

So my real question is what do you use your Air 3‘s for? What business uses do they serve? How did you get started?

Last edited:
I am about to buy my 1st drone this week. I am torn between the Air 3 and Mini 4 pro. What ever I choose will have care refresh on it.

I originally planned on getting a Mini 4, but I am also thinking about creating a part time gig using the drone. The Air 3 with fly more kit would be at the upper end of my price range. I already have my Trust, and I bought the study guide for the part 107 from the pilot institute today. I think passing will not be an issue with that.

The Air 3 is more stable, faster, and has more film options than the mini. Probably more fun to play around with as well.

So my real question is what do you use your Air 3‘s for? What business uses do they serve? How did you get started?
You are a little late to the game for a part time gig using a drone, unless you want to spend a lot more money for more sophisticated drone equipment for inspections and site mapping. The part time commercial uses for obvious things like real estate have been a race to the bottom, and the real estate agents can now buy a drone for under $1000 and do them themselves. DJI has made drone flying and photography that easy!

Buy whichever one you will find the most use for yourself, as that will be the most likely end result, unless you already have a built-in clientele and would be merely adding drone photography as an additional service to traditional photography like for events and weddings.

For travel photography, the Mini 4 Pro will be more portable, and draw less attention, and is subject to fewer regulations world wide, because of the sub 250g weight.

You are a little late to the game for a part time gig using a drone, unless you want to spend a lot more money for more sophisticated drone equipment for inspections and site mapping. The part time commercial uses for obvious things like real estate have been a race to the bottom, and the real estate agents can now buy a drone for under $1000 and do them themselves. DJI has made drone flying and photography that easy!

Buy whichever one you will find the most use for yourself, as that will be the most likely end result, unless you already have a built-in clientele and would be merely adding drone photography as an additional service to traditional photography like for events and weddings.

For travel photography, the Mini 4 Pro will be more portable, and draw less attention, and is subject to fewer regulations world wide, because of the sub 250g weight.
This is solid advice, thank you,

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am a professional photographer and I use my Air 3 commercially 75% of the time, if not more. I agree with the previous comments about inspections/mapping and real estate (at least residential). However, I shoot for many commercial clients and tourism bureaus and I have been able to carve my own niche by being able to capture both ground level and aerial still images, panoramas and videos.

I have a friend in Real estate and he was looking at buying one like my Specta Air or Mavic 3 classic. I said a mini 3 pro was a good starter, but again make sure he has his part 107. He didn't know what part 107 is. So, a little education from me and now he is debating between getting his certification or hiring and licensed pilot.
He asked if any body would know , to which I replied someone like myself who is and likes getting jobs with that license. Don't be discouraged. Great time to get . There are a lot of realtors who don't know until you tell them the consequences of doing it themselves or hiring someone else who is not certified. It is part of my sales pitch. Start with mini 4 pro since it has 360 obstacle avoidance. I like my Specta Air or the air 3. The telephoto 70mm is helpful at times.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_132024689~2.jpg
    IMG_20240331_132024689~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: TexasEric

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas