DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I have any choice?

Dogstr

Reactions
I just received my brand new Mavic pro. The DJI Go 4 app gets such poor reviews in the app store I'm wondering if there is any other choice. Is there an older or better version I can download instead? I have not updated my mavic firmware yet. It is still in the box.
iPhone 7 plus.

Thanks for your help.
Dogstr

I just received my brand new Mavic pro. The DJI Go 4 app gets such poor reviews in the app store I'm wondering if there is any other choice. Is there an older or better version I can download instead? I have not updated my mavic firmware yet. It is still in the box.
iPhone 7 plus.

Thanks for your help.
Dogstr

GO4 is the best complete option available and is DJI's primary offering and recommended. The app consistently receives updates and at times bugs to result from different updates. Overall it's a very stable app and I wouldn't let the poor reviews turn you away. You're always going to see a lot of the negative in those reviews on an app, if folks are happy they're often just smooth sailing and less prone to positively review the app when there are no issues. :)

Reactions: Dogstr
While I agree with Venturex that it is the most stable app for the mavic and that you are going to need it and be able to use the.Mav.
The reviews themselves can not be totally disregarded. GO4 is very stable for most of the people most of the time but for some people the experience has not always been great.

Rob

iPhone 7 plus.

Thanks for your help.
Dogstr
I mainly use the DJI GO 4 app, the only issues I had previously were connectivity issues which turned out to be the supplied cable to connect the RC to the phone, but I ditched that and since I've been using the apple cable, I have had no issues whatsoever with the app itself. Go for it and make your own decision.

Reactions: jash123 and Dogstr
I use DJI Go4 app, I have not had any issues with it and feel its the best option. I will admit I have recently started looking into the Litchi app, it seems highly recommended (I think more android users then iOS) from numerous forums. but it does cost like $23us

I also agree that iOS especially on the newer models iPhone and iPad has been very stable for me as well. No issues so far :)

Reactions: Dogstr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard