DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need a license for commercial use?

The more I read, the more backward the law is.

It stands to reason that responsible pilots, interested in making money from safe smooth footage are being fleeced. Renewing licence every year? Imagine that in motoring? No.

Recreational flyers (more likely to buzz animals and fly through road bridges etc), are left alone in terms of accreditation, checks and huge costs to 'licence' their activities.

If the powers that be tax inappropriate things (tobacco, sugar etc) to curtail uptake based on high costs, then this move seems to promote recreational flying with no training or checks and penalise the responsible.

It's wrong. You can only milk people so far?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
If the powers that be tax inappropriate things (tobacco, sugar etc) to curtail uptake based on high costs, then this move seems to promote recreational flying with no training or checks and penalise the responsible.

We in the states realized that in 1812.

The more I read, the more backward the law is.

It stands to reason that responsible pilots, interested in making money from safe smooth footage are being fleeced. Renewing licence every year? Imagine that in motoring? No.

Recreational flyers (more likely to buzz animals and fly through road bridges etc), are left alone in terms of accreditation, checks and huge costs to 'licence' their activities.

Totally agree with you. The costs are so extortionate, you'll find a lot of people won't get licensed, which will mean more dangerous flying from people. As I mentioned, they should have a reasonable course for smaller 'toy' drones that isn't as pricey...

Does anyone know of someone who only has a Mavic Pro (or similar), and has done the full PfCO course? Just curious at whether you found the course worthwhile?

Thanks

Will

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS