DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do I need to register my Mavic air 2?

Thanks for the info, shelled out the 5 bucks and am now legal.:cool:
How come these aircraft aren't tied in with the AMA ?
If you fly other RC aircraft over 250 grams (.55 lbs) then you also need to be registered for recreational flight. I don’t understand what you mean by tied in with the AMA?

How come these aircraft aren't tied in with the AMA ?
WELCOME to the forum :)

No R/C aircraft (airplane, helicopter, MultiRotor etc) are "Tied in with the AMA".

The AMA is an organization you can voluntarily join and I highly suggest you do so. If you wish to fly your drone (UAS) at an AMA Sanctioned Field (great place to learn quickly and correctly) then the field will most likely require you to become a member of the AMA (it includes a nice insurance policy for Hobby/Recreational flight) and join their "Club" to fly at their field.

If you are flying Recreationally only you'll need to take the TRUST. Below is an excellent link to help get you started:
UAS TRUST Thread (Recreational Flying Rules & Training)
FAA TRUST Test is here!

Good luck and Safe Flights :)
Allen

Greetings welcome to the forum!
Your question has been answered. Fly safe

When you do the TRUST exam, (easy) you find that you must register the MA2 with the FAA for 5 bucks and then put your new FAA number on the side of the drone. I printed it and taped it on the side with scotch tape. I don't know how anyone could read it from a distance, but its there and its legal. Enjoy!

Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun