DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do range extenders really work?

BigJack73

Reactions
I was flying my M1P today and I had a lot of interference and the drone returned home before 5000 feet out. Wondering if the curved range extenders actually do anything. I found them on amazon for 10 bucks. Has anybody used these or something similar?

Reactions: copterbob
I was flying my M1P today and I had a lot of interference and the drone returned home before 5000 feet out. Wondering if the curved range extenders actually do anything. I found them on amazon for 10 bucks. Has anybody used these or something similar?

My experience, No. Maybe your situation is different than mine. I have 70 ft pine trees all around. Lots of attenuation. They did nothing that altitude could solve.

I use mine all the time. Just be sure to keep the antennas facing the bird as the energy field is narrower than you might expect.

If you have a good line of sight that is really when the Range Extenders can pay off and work for you.
However if your thinking that your going to get a better signal because you do not have a good line , your not going to be happy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly Your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Reactions: Dbez1
I'm also surrounded by trees and bought a generic set from Best Buy. I couldn't tell any difference. I was hoping to extend the range of the RE goggles but no help there either. Don't even keep them in my kit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143