DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do range extenders really work?

BigJack73

Reactions
I was flying my M1P today and I had a lot of interference and the drone returned home before 5000 feet out. Wondering if the curved range extenders actually do anything. I found them on amazon for 10 bucks. Has anybody used these or something similar?

Reactions: copterbob
I was flying my M1P today and I had a lot of interference and the drone returned home before 5000 feet out. Wondering if the curved range extenders actually do anything. I found them on amazon for 10 bucks. Has anybody used these or something similar?

My experience, No. Maybe your situation is different than mine. I have 70 ft pine trees all around. Lots of attenuation. They did nothing that altitude could solve.

I use mine all the time. Just be sure to keep the antennas facing the bird as the energy field is narrower than you might expect.

If you have a good line of sight that is really when the Range Extenders can pay off and work for you.
However if your thinking that your going to get a better signal because you do not have a good line , your not going to be happy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly Your Mavic in the Rain
Coal

Reactions: Dbez1
I'm also surrounded by trees and bought a generic set from Best Buy. I couldn't tell any difference. I was hoping to extend the range of the RE goggles but no help there either. Don't even keep them in my kit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki