DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does any one NOT have the filming stop / gimbal reset issue?

Okay guys,

So I'm trying to establish a few things - Is there anyone here who has not experienced the issue of recording stopping and the gimbal resetting mid-flight?

Is there anyone here who has had the issue, sent the machine back to DJI and had it fixed?

Has DJI acknowledged this is a known issue?

It seems to be a fundamental hardware flaw - Although I can't speculate. I've seen a lot of threads and posts with people mentioning the same thing over and over.

Many different situations and firmware - people even been able to replicate the issue on the ground as I read on another post.

I've built up a little trust relationship with my Mavic, its flies great and even with this issue I no longer think it's about to tumble out of the sky and just to let it pass. But then I think, I've spent over 1300 GBP on a fly more combo kit I think it should be worthy of that wedge of cash. I still have a few days in my return period to get it back to the shop to get a refund or an exchange under their general satisfaction guarantee - but then there's always the issue it will be the same, or god forbid even worse. I would also have to transfer my care refresh (but DJI customer rep said I could).

Would love to know what DJI think. If this is a real thing, there going to see a lot of drones coming back their way.
I tried all the sugesstions on this forum but nothing resolves this issue.
I hope an FW upgrade will. :(
BTW MP build date 2/14/2017 but it seems i get no love from dji :(

Last edited:
no issue at all here in a total of 10h flight time and 85km total distance.

Please always remember: If you have any issue with any product you are highly likely to post this on a forum.
If your product works as expected, you are very unlikely to post.

It happened to me the other day . I tried to stop recording and the button would not work so I switched it to camera mode . It stopped the video but the aircraft was disconnected.

happened to me twice today, for the first time. Nothing changed, same flight area, same FW, same SD card. Latest version of all FW, flew dozens of batteries on latest FW error free until today.

No issues. 50 flights. Latest .9 firmware, supplied SD card etc etc

it used to happen with earlier firmwares, I think earlier than .400 and I remember reading in the DJI forums that they addressed it in one of the firmware updates.

I have it happen about every 4th flight or so. Haven't taken the time to pinpoint it yet, but I'll look into it. I bought the Mavic to video my beach wedding in Mexico and it was phenomenal -- I'm just glad it didn't glitch out during THAT flight! Sometimes after it resets, it'll do it multiple times and the gimbal roll is about 8-10 degrees off center. I'll land and power off, fire it back up and issue is resolved. Maybe the next update will fix it, maybe I bought a faulty Mavic. Anyone with more knowledge on the subject, please chime in! :)

Never had it on my own Mavic (March 2017) but saw it elsewhere.

DJI is aware of the issue and asking users to send their Mavic back for repair if they have the issue in this thread.

The problem at heart is hardware, and is most likely a faulty ribbon cable that may occasionally lose contact. DJI does not say so directly, but the fact they only recommend to send it back for repairs only reinforces the point that this is a hardware flaw.

Reactions: EsiMavic
I've actually have never had an issue with my Mavic. I don't even treat it that well.

Okay guys,

So I'm trying to establish a few things - Is there anyone here who has not experienced the issue of recording stopping and the gimbal resetting mid-flight?

Is there anyone here who has had the issue, sent the machine back to DJI and had it fixed?

Has DJI acknowledged this is a known issue?

It seems to be a fundamental hardware flaw - Although I can't speculate. I've seen a lot of threads and posts with people mentioning the same thing over and over.

Many different situations and firmware - people even been able to replicate the issue on the ground as I read on another post.

I've built up a little trust relationship with my Mavic, its flies great and even with this issue I no longer think it's about to tumble out of the sky and just to let it pass. But then I think, I've spent over 1300 GBP on a fly more combo kit I think it should be worthy of that wedge of cash. I still have a few days in my return period to get it back to the shop to get a refund or an exchange under their general satisfaction guarantee - but then there's always the issue it will be the same, or god forbid even worse. I would also have to transfer my care refresh (but DJI customer rep said I could).

Would love to know what DJI think. If this is a real thing, there going to see a lot of drones coming back their way.
No symptoms.

Hi,
Same issue for me for the first time
Yup that's it. Does it happen often? My old Mavic did it nearly every flight. My current has done it about 3 times, but I've fly it alot and usually without issue. Hopefully for you it's just one off.

Reactions: BigEegit

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure