DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone have an actual MISSING shipment? (Your UPS tracking shows ORIGIN SCAN but no further scans)

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
A MISSING SHIPMENT is one where UPS tracking shows ORIGIN SCAN but goes no further (no more scans). This is NOT the same as a shipment that just says LABEL PRINTED, that note means it has not been given to UPS.

If so what has the mostly useless "CUSTOMER SERVICE" done about it ??

If your tracking only shows "LABEL PRINTED" that means it hasn't been received by UPS and is not actually been shipped. If it shows "ORIGIN SCAN" that means UPS actually has accepted it. My Flymore kit was "origin scanned" 2 days ago and it is on the east coast already, my Mini 3 was "origin scanned" a week ago and there has been no scan since, Both were shipped from GARDENA, CA to FLORIDA.

• Wow
Reactions: Torque
Cool your jets for a bit. I do online ordering a lot. Unless the vendor orders a premium shipping service, there won't necessarily be stop by stop tracking on the way, especially for transcon surface/truck shipments.
What to do after a week? Contact the shipper, not UPS. The shipper is UPS's customer here, not you.

Cool your jets for a bit. I do online ordering a lot. Unless the vendor orders a premium shipping service, there won't necessarily be stop by stop tracking on the way, especially for transcon surface/truck shipments.
What to do after a week? Contact the shipper, not UPS. The shipper is UPS's customer here, not you.

Well my jets are cool :D but I must disagree with you wrt UPS. As a 5 year UPS employee and then as a trainer for The UPS Store franchise owners as well as a 24 year seller & shipper on eBay as well the situation is this: Other than delivery speed and high value packages INSURED over $2000 UPS has no "premium HANDLING" services. UPS ground is treated (wrt scanning packages) as is a next day air package. The initial scan by either a driver or at the local depot would within 24hrs see a "departure" scan from the originating facility. Depending on the routing, there should be interim "on the way" scans in many locations over the last 6 days. Now if we are talking about US Postal Service I agree with you. UPS is different.

WRT my package specifically the package was scheduled for delivery today in central FL BY UPS yet it has never been scanned in or out anywhere in the US since it's pickup in California and then to arrive here would likely travel through Jacksonville, Orlando and finally Leesburg FL. which is the usual Florida transit to central FL where I live with rare exceptions for Air packages which first go through Louisville KY. So there is reason for concern for this specific package. Had I seen even a DETPARTURE SCAN from the originating location in Gardena CA on June 2nd when it was scanned as being put in the system I would have no concern whatsoever because packages DO, albeit rarely, get delayed enroute.

This package likely is laying at the bottom of a roller belt in Gardena CA and DJI has my money for just shy of a month and I DREAD trying to deal with them regarding missing packages. That being said, my Flymore kit, shipped separately yesterday and already has 2 scans. LOL

Reactions: Jam0ne and Torque
Well my jets are cool :D but I must disagree with you wrt UPS. As a 5 year UPS employee and then as a trainer for The UPS Store franchise owners as well as a 24 year seller & shipper on eBay as well the situation is this: Other than delivery speed and high value packages INSURED over $2000 UPS has no "premium HANDLING" services. UPS ground is treated (wrt scanning packages) as is a next day air package. The initial scan by either a driver or at the local depot would within 24hrs see a "departure" scan from the originating facility. Depending on the routing, there should be interim "on the way" scans in many locations over the last 6 days. Now if we are talking about US Postal Service I agree with you. UPS is different.

WRT my package specifically the package was scheduled for delivery today in central FL BY UPS yet it has never been scanned in or out anywhere in the US since it's pickup in California and then to arrive here would likely travel through Jacksonville, Orlando and finally Leesburg FL. which is the usual Florida transit to central FL where I live with rare exceptions for Air packages which first go through Louisville KY. So there is reason for concern for this specific package. Had I seen even a DETPARTURE SCAN from the originating location in Gardena CA on June 2nd when it was scanned as being put in the system I would have no concern whatsoever because packages DO, albeit rarely, get delayed enroute.

This package likely is laying at the bottom of a roller belt in Gardena CA and DJI has my money for just shy of a month and I DREAD trying to deal with them regarding missing packages. That being said, my Flymore kit, shipped separately yesterday and already has 2 scans. LOL
As an employee (former or current?) you show great theoretical knowledge. But how does it work in practice?
My practical experience is that the theory doesn't always hold. But heck, time to contact the shipper, isn't it?
So what's your problem? Seems you know what to do. Are you just venting, and wasting others time (not that many folks, other than me, seem to care?).

• Wow
Former, in NJ, retired. It's not theory, it's fact and procedure both from on the job and personal experience of 25 years of my own UPS shipping and receiving of many hundreds of my own packages.

My concern is more how DJI who is conducting business from China handles issues such as this and if anyone has had experience with dealing with them for missing packages which is why I posted the topic.

As of this time UPS considers this package as an "unknown location in transit shipment" and only the shipper can do anything about it and they still must wait another 7 days before it's officially determined as missing and a tracer can be started which takes another 10-14 days to resolve. Meanwhile DJI has my money and I have nothing to show for it other than a Flymore kit arriving next Tuesday and a $1300 credit card bill that I probably have to temporarily dispute until this is resolved.

This package likely is laying at the bottom of a roller belt in Gardena CA and DJI has my money for just shy of a month and I DREAD trying to deal with them regarding missing packages.
How's DJI to blame there? Seems to be your former employer's problem.

• Sad
How's DJI to blame there? Seems to be your former employer's problem.

Yikes, I see where this thread is headed! I think we may have a reading or language comprehension issue here.

I have BLAMED DJI FOR NOTHING regarding this wayward UPS shipment. I blame UPS and UPS alone. What I do ASK is how DJI HANDLES such issues.

That being said if it's half as bad as it was trying to get the $15 package of extra props accessory package that was missing or not put in from my $2000(?) Mavic Platinum Pro shipment box a couple years ago I'm in for big trouble trying to get them to resolve this because dealing with them for a legit PROBLEM is not a pleasant experience.. :D

What I DO BLAME DJI for is charging EVERYONE (in the USA for sure) for something that took 3 weeks (in some cases it will be more) before shipment which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a UPS issue.

In the end, which hopefully is not the case, if it turns out the package is actually lost DJI is indeed responsible to ME to either reship or refund the cost. That is the law. But that is for another time.

Funny though, just got an EMAIL from UPS saying "my delivery scheduled for today has been delayed and I should check back in 24 hours for an update." Still no further scans other than "Origin Scan, Gardena, Ca June 2nd 7:06PM"

Last edited:
Just so you know, I’ve been missing a UPS package for almost a MONTH!!
Like you, I think my package fell off the conveyor belt and they haven’t noticed.
I made complaints to BOTH the sender and UPS.
Since I paid with PayPal, I’m filing a dispute to get my money back. Should be an open & shut case, as the UPS tracking proves that package is still missing and showing that UPS has my package.

I do know sometimes UPS gets lazy and does NOT scan at each collection point.

But since it was due almost a month ago, something is wrong and my package is missing!! 😢😢😢

Like you, I think my package fell off the conveyor belt and they haven’t noticed.
Since I paid with PayPal, I’m filing a dispute to get my money back. Should be an open & shut case, as the UPS tracking proves that package is still missing and showing that UPS has my package.

But since it was due almost a month ago, something is wrong and my package is missing!! 😢😢😢

Old thread. :) In my case while the item said it was shipped it sat in UPS's warehouse for close to a month. I assume someone eventually found it under a table or something or the label fell off and stuck on a shoe. :D

As for UPS getting lazy and sometimes not scanning. NOT GENERALLY TRUE. Sometimes (rarely) a package doesn't get scanned by a machine. About the only time they are hand scanned is upon pickup from shipper (put on the truck) and customer delivery, everything else is automatic. In a past life I was a UPS trainer for The UPS Store franchises so I do have some (albeit it old) knowledge. After 30 days it should be deemed lost as long as there was an origin scan. If no origin scan it was likely never in the system. Don't count on PayPal so fast as they could make you wait 90 days on an undelivered shipments and require proof (a letter) it was lost. Just because DJI shows shipped wouldn't necessarily mean UPS ever got it unless there is an ORIGIN SCAN,

EDIT: LOL, just noticed you are from Australia so it may be different there but as long as there is an ORIGIN SCAN UPS has it somewhere. My knowledge is UPS US.

Last edited:
I’ve had several packages NOT continuously scanned and just show up.
An employee said that sometimes they skip scanning to make packages move faster. They said it was time consuming to scan at each point.
So personally, out of approximately 20+ packages, 1/2 were not scanned at each point. Just at pickup, then 2nd scan was delivery.
It all depends on the different UPS locations.
P.S. I’m an American, moved over to here. I had the same probs with UPS in California as well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman