DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know what is meant by "Altitude Take Off Point above 0 feet, Fly with Caution.

WDKZoom

Reactions
From ground level, I do not understand what this is telling me especially since I have taken off from this one spot 10 times or more and I only occasionally get this warning.

WDK

This is just my imagination. When the motors are started, it will set the height to zero. If the height is subsequently changed, e.g, due to the craft being moved to a different spot, this message may come up. Of course no one will pick up the craft after the motors are started. It could be due to sensor errors. Suggest to post the flight logs here for further analysis.

From ground level, I do not understand what this is telling me especially since I have taken off from this one spot 10 times or more and I only occasionally get this warning.

WDK

Presumably this a pop-up message in the DJI GO 4 app? I suggest that you post a txt flight log - that may explain what is happening.

like the OP i get the same message from time to time it does not seem to affect the flight in any way ,and has only shown itself since the last app update I am on ios

I have not experienced any flight problems what so ever though from the reading of it, I am more concerned about what it might do if I had to initiate an RTH and I am having other problems in that I am not able to catch it in flight before it lands.

Does anyone recall the Bruce Willis movie "Die Hard" where the villain by computer lowered the glide path so the plane's computer thought the runway was 10 lower making the trajectory all wrong and the planes crashed into the runway......while the sensors on the Mavic 2 should adjust, it was my first thought when I got this message.

WDK

I have not experienced any flight problems what so ever though from the reading of it, I am more concerned about what it might do if I had to initiate an RTH and I am having other problems in that I am not able to catch it in flight before it lands.

Does anyone recall the Bruce Willis movie "Die Hard" where the villain by computer lowered the glide path so the plane's computer thought the runway was 10 lower making the trajectory all wrong and the planes crashed into the runway......while the sensors on the Mavic 2 should adjust, it was my first thought when I got this message.

WDK

The landing sensors don't rely at all on the recorded takeoff elevation.

I don't know if I did this right....but if it is not, I keep studying how to upload my flight data. All I see here is gibberish.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-23_[05-53-44].txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Thank you, as I said I have had no problems in flight but I am wanting to understand as much of this as I can. I am a retired high voltage electrician/lineman, 69KV and above and not one of those people that just turns the key of whatever and not have a clue of how it works.

WDK

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada