DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI Assistant 2 actually work..?

Woolnut

Reactions
So i have been trying to get my Mavic to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 app, for months! Admittedly i had given up but i have decided to try again this evening...

For some reason, the app cannot find the Mavic; it finds the controller straight away but it just will not connect to the Mavic! Below is a list of the things i have tried so far:

• Installing DJI Assistant (Disable driver signature enforcement)
  • Uninstalled DJI Assistant, installed again
  • Various USB cables
  • Various USB ports (USB 3 x 2 on board) USB Type C Hub (USB 3.0 x 3)
  • Manually run .bat files to install drivers
  • Installed certificate to certificate store
  • Rebooted Laptop
  • Rebooted Mavic (multiple times)
  • Starting the app first, then Mavic
  • Starting Mavic first, then app
  • Device Manager uninstall driver
  • Device Manager manual point to driver location
  • Taken SD card out before connecting
  • Disabled Anti Virus (i don't even have a third party AV)
Laptop
HP Elitebook 1040 G3; Windows 10 x64; 16GB DDR4; 512GB M2 SSD

I am sure there are more that i have tried, but i think the above just about proves the point... It doesn't seem that DJI wan't this to work? I will try another laptop shortly, but i really cannot see any reason why the laptop would be the problem..

There are numerous posts on the DJI Forum about this issue, and i know there are other posts here about it. Has anyone here been able to get this app to work..? (excluding the lucky people who this worked for straight after install :p ) All of the threads i have found with "solutions" haven't worked for me :/

what does this app do and why do you want it to work this bad?
i tried to quickly google it but all that comes up are people complaining about it?

You could try it on your other laptop and see what happens. I like to use it on my desktop, makes FOA calibration easier than on my laptop.

I use it on 2 laptops and a desktop with no issues. Win 7 and 10.
Try another program like dumldore or dumlracer and see if they connect.

I've used it for the first time two days ago and it did work...win 10. What I did notice was that it didn't connect until I hooked up all my cables and started assistant BEFORE turning the mpp on. Them everything connected well and I was able to do all I wanted to do. Try that order if you haven't yet...start assistant then hook up the cables then start the drone...maybe?

Same here.
Using x86 Win7: never had an issue upgrading with Assistant 2 v1.2.0
I plug the USB on the side of the RC, connect the RC with the AC and Assistant 2 is upgrading both RC&AC w/o issue

Maybe the cable or the micro USB port in mavic could be the problem, since that cover in the USB port make it too tight to plug any cabled other than the one which comes with the mavic.

I got error message indicating that my sensors were out of calibration and I should contact DJI. I did, but I also found a good video on YouTube on using the app. I loaded it up and did the calibration and now all is working as it should.

One thing about the video, he states that he had to change his display to a different setting. I did that right away, but it did not work for me. I changed back to the highest setting that I always use and all was fine then.

If you haven't printed the manual from the DJI website, it's worth the paper. They also mention using this app in the manual.

Rich

So I was able to get DJI Assistant2 to work on my other HP Laptop... [emoji849] But it has a tiny screen, so doesn’t really work for me (which is why I don’t use it...)

I haven’t given up on my other Laptop, but I have tried everything I can think of so far

So i have been trying to get my Mavic to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 app, for months![...]
For some reason, the app cannot find the Mavic; it finds the controller straight away but it just will not connect to the Mavic!

If trying to update, did you try connecting the Mavic with the remote (while the remote is plugged to te USB port)?
Assistant (1.2.0) will update both RC and AC -

Last edited:
I worked all last weekend and here is what I found:
1) launch app connect controller to laptop through cable turn on controller connect controller to drone - should work
If not ignore everything you have heard about connecting and try this
2) Connect drone to computer turn on drone look in printed/devices wait for it to come up as unknown devise in connected devises right click it go to check driver should be ok if not upgrade driver then launch check device and repair problems - should move to device recognized as drone
3) now launch the app and it should now appear in app
4) I know they tell you exactly backwards to what I’m saying but this was the only way I could get app to acknowledge my Spark and my Mavic - the app would see and bring up my Remote Controller for the Mavic - they say you can’t connect a RC for the Spark to the app - but after 2 days I didn’t bother to try
5) upgrade when starting up to fly and it says you need to upgrade or what ever it tell you that you need to do something before your fly - I assume you can connect pad directly to internet
how this helps - drive me slightly crazy trying everything but backwards to get it to work
Cheers

So i have been trying to get my Mavic to connect to the DJI Assistant 2 app, for months! Admittedly i had given up but i have decided to try again this evening...

For some reason, the app cannot find the Mavic; it finds the controller straight away but it just will not connect to the Mavic! Below is a list of the things i have tried so far:

• Various USB cables
  • Rebooted Laptop
Laptop

I am sure there are more that i have tried, but i think the above just about proves the point... It doesn't seem that DJI wan't this to work? I will try another laptop shortly, but i really cannot see any reason why the laptop would be the problem..

There are numerous posts on the DJI Forum about this issue, and i know there are other posts here about it. Has anyone here been able to get this app to work..? (excluding the lucky people who this worked for straight after install :p ) All of the threads i have found with "solutions" haven't worked for me :/
Actually, I did use it as a last resort with I was unable to do a regular update. Gotta admit I was a bit bumfuzzled as to how to do it, then I went to the MAVIC Support Website and looked at their video explanations. When I replicated what they showed, it worked like a charm. You can find it here:

Reactions: Ripper7620
ive had assistant work one time for my mavic and phantom,this is after countless tries

Used it 1 time a week ago or so when I got message to calibrate my vision sensors. took me about 5 minutes to download software and do the calibration - message disappeared after calibration.

I've never gotten it to work on Mac. As far as I can tell, I don't need it.

Used it 1 time a week ago or so when I got message to calibrate my vision sensors. took me about 5 minutes to download software and do the calibration - message disappeared after calibration.
Yep - same here - took a while to figure it out but it worked.

• Various USB cables
  • Rebooted Laptop
Laptop

Works for me. Both the Mavic and Controller. Even the Advance Charging Hub for the Mavic Pro batteries

For some reason, the app cannot find the Mavic; it finds the controller straight away but it just will not connect to the Mavic! Below is a list of the things i have tried so far: ....

You get the verification code and the RC appears but not the AC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000