DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI ever add features after SDK is released

I will probably still get one, but once litchi releases their support for the MM but I would like to compare the features of both of them. Do you guys think that litchi of dronelink has more features?

I will probably still get one, but once litchi releases their support for the MM but I would like to compare the features of both of them. Do you guys think that litchi of dronelink has more features?

I think your question should be which features can I use on the mini which lacks internal way points.

I think your question should be which features can I use on the mini which lacks internal way points.

I think the selling point of Dronelink is that it doesn't need internal waypoints.

For those of you interested in using Dronelinks for waypoints, make sure it will function like you expect before spending your money and being disappointed. I’ve never used it, but as far as I can tell the waypoints are all calculated and controlled by the app itself. This means that the phone and controller need to be connected to the drone at all times for the waypoints to function. If disconnected, the mission will stop.

This is different than how Litchi normally works (not Mavic Mini) where it uploads the waypoints mission to the drone itself via the SDK and can then function autonomously without a connection from the RC/phone.

If you are okay with this, that is cool, just want to make sure you do your research before spending money and being disappointed.

Just for clarity, when the Spark was first released, it didn’t have waypoints built into its SDK either. So several companies (maybe even Litchi) had implemented “connected waypoints” like DroneLink is doing. At a later time, DJI added waypoints to the Spark SDK and Litchi was able to fully integrate their full featured disconnected waypoints.

Last edited:
For those of you interested in using Dronelinks for waypoints, make sure it will function like you expect before spending your money and being disappointed. I’ve never used it, but as far as I can tell the waypoints are all calculated and controlled by the app itself. This means that the phone and controller need to be connected to the drone at all times for the waypoints to function. If disconnected, the mission will stop.

This is different than how Litchi normally works (not Mavic Mini) where it uploads the waypoints mission to the drone itself via the SDK and can then function autonomously without a connection from the RC/phone.

If you are okay with this, that is cool, just want to make sure you do your research before spending money and being disappointed.

Just for clarity, when the Spark was first released, it didn’t have waypoints built into its SDK either. So several companies (maybe even Litchi) had implemented “connected waypoints” like DroneLink is doing. At a later time, DJI added waypoints to the Spark SDK and Litchi was able to fully integrate their full featured disconnected waypoints.
If you’re flying without connection to the drone you’re breaking the law.
It’s one thing if it happens and you head home immediately but not having full control of your AC Violates the letter and intent of the law

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure