DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI Go 4 still work fine for iPad Mini 4?

This should ease your mind. I am running the very latest iOS on my old iPad Mini2 along with the newest Go4 and Litchi - all with no problems. I currently using a Mavic Pro Platinum. I'm also happy with the tablet holder and sun shield I've been using.

Reactions: CrashingMavic
This should ease your mind. I am running the very latest iOS on my old iPad Mini2 along with the newest Go4 and Litchi - all with no problems. I currently using a Mavic Pro Platinum. I'm also happy with the tablet holder and sun shield I've been using.

This is great to know because I am building out a commercial cinematography flight control rig with this exact setup. Except using a Mavic Pro and running Go4 with Airmaps integration.

iPhone XS Max (for pilot/crew comms and situational awareness e.g. monitoring LiveATC or weather radar)
-> polarpro phone holder
-> Mavic Pro remote
-> iPad mini in remote jaws (no mount w/ 10 inch cable, flight control via Go4 + Airmaps)

I'm running ios 12.xxx and everything seems to be a ok on my iPad mini4

I prefer to use the MavMount mounting bracket for my iPad mini 4 because it makes it much easier to fit the iPad mini 4.
And it’s adjustable to where I want my iPad mini 4 to be exactly where I want it.
Make sure you have your home button on the right hand side so that the magnets in the iPad don’t effect the remote control for compass calibration reasons.

When did they put a compass in the RC?

In my experience the ipad mini works better than most android phones, both with dji go 4 and litchi. All with last versions.

Thank you Starz, I"ll probably get one. Is it true that some models are wi fi only and another wi fi/GPS?

you do not need an internet connection to fly your drone!
WiFi only mini 4 will work fine with no problems.... I have a Mini 4 WiFi only and it works great... if you need maps just connect to home WiFi and cache the map area you want, or connect the MiNi 4 to your Cell Phone's personal hot spot. Just one thing, it is better to check for DJI updates and things before you leave home to fly, that way you can connect to you home internet and update a lot faster and easier.

you do not need an internet connection to fly your drone!
WiFi only mini 4 will work fine with no problems.... I have a Mini 4 WiFi only and it works great... if you need maps just connect to home WiFi and cache the map area you want, or connect the MiNi 4 to your Cell Phone's personal hot spot. Just one thing, it is better to check for DJI updates and things before you leave home to fly, that way you can connect to you home internet and update a lot faster and easier.

And you can always bind the WiFi models with Blue Tooth to your phone.

Just popping in here to say, I was trying to stress test my ipad mini2 and i was able to get the go4 "device cpu overload" warning with integrated apps (i.e. airmap or litchi) trying to quickly switch views, change things, etc. Normal operation is somewhat slow but certainly not enough to discount the decision to resurrect an otherwise unused device. No need to rush to go buy an ipd mini 4.

d9430882b99ea5271e5b02be5a7bca8b.jpg

I printed adapters for my iPad mini
Posted them on thingverse if you have a printer
Using iOS 12
db32552a3bbcfe455ae49cedd372ad76.jpg

The rubber bands add friction to keep your iPad from slipping around:)

Or this. From my 2d printer. Works for all mp’s and the air. Mini and up to the 10.5A0C88075-C851-4EB1-9462-1A1D1F21FF4F.jpegDD45B47A-DF6F-4603-9865-1FC91638A803.jpeg4AFBFDED-1483-414D-8642-416E87B31652.jpeg

Really cool machine, I just don’t like the iPad being in front of the controller or possibly interfering with the rf transmission.

Nothing on the rc screen other than battery strength that is needed. All the info you need is on the iPad once it’s connected. iPad angle is adjustable to stay away from the antennas.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard