DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does dji have unofficial repair company I sent my drone to the wrong place I am very displeased with dji

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why at this point you don't at least get an estimate on what he would charge to repair it.
I agree. You’ve sent it to them, why not let them repair it. What is it that needs repairs?

Ok so I did the repair form online and I was sent a shipping label but it’s going to New Jersey. Ok thought it was official until I talked to a guy didn’t sound very professional I can go on and on but I’d rather the people on the forum ask me some questions about the experience.now how did this happen I ask dji they said to have them ship it back then ship it to the right place in California. This drone service had my drone for two days without looking at it very sketchy I’m thinking of getting my attorney envloved bc if they tampered with my drone I’m gonna flip. And is dji gonna repace my drone for free for my inconvenience probably not just sent my drone to the wrong place now I gotta hope there gonna send me back what I sent them

@Thunderdrones , period.

Reactions: Former Member
If you need repairs...or have repair questions...contact ThunderDrones on this forum...
Much better than any DJI hassle..and yes..it costs a few out of pocket bucks..
But I would not send my drones to anyone else for repair..period..
By Coincidence, I just set up a repair scenario and sent my MPP to Rob at Thunderdrones yesterday. Based on what I’ve read on this forum, Thunderdrones is the goto 3rd party organization for repairing drones. The cause for my repair is plain stupidity. I was performing a software update and had my drone turned on sitting on the family room floor with the controller attached to my iPhone sitting on a nearby coffee table. My doorbell rang. After dealing with that, I quickly walked back to the family room. As I entered the room, I had my eye on the coffee table and totally forgot the drone was sitting on the floor. I tripped over the drone flipping it on its belly. It looked fine, but on further inspection, the right leg was bent and the controller (after updating the software) stated that my gimbal had an obstruction. I obviously damaged the gimbal. I guessing this may be the first repair job based on a drone getting stepped on! Note to self, always place the drone on a table when performing software updates.

There was a story on here a while back that a yahoo landed his drone in a parking lot during the day . Wow a car drove over it as he was sitting in his car . I still can understand why you would sit in your car with your drone just sitting there looking for a tire kiss

Ok so I did the repair form online and I was sent a shipping label but it’s going to New Jersey. Ok thought it was official until I talked to a guy didn’t sound very professional I can go on and on but I’d rather the people on the forum ask me some questions about the experience.now how did this happen I ask dji they said to have them ship it back then ship it to the right place in California. This drone service had my drone for two days without looking at it very sketchy I’m thinking of getting my attorney envloved bc if they tampered with my drone I’m gonna flip. And is dji gonna repace my drone for free for my inconvenience probably not just sent my drone to the wrong place now I gotta hope there gonna send me back what I sent them

What does it matter who does the repair as long as they are OK with DJI. They must be since DJI sent you the tracking label. Your complaining about two days? I've seen them sit for a full week. Just let them fix it and send it back to you. Your stressing yourself for nothing

Reactions: CJH92474
Yo -
Arce101

I JUST SENT MY Mavic Pro in for repair at the TX Dji Repair facility! I am not sure how you sent it to the wrong facility especially when Dji provides you with a free shipping label from UPS.I would love to know where you sent your drone too and who gave you that address b/c I hate to be a Debbie downer you probably never see that drone again :( Plus, I see no case number so something is shady here b/c Dji will not let you ship anything without a CASE NUMBER BACK TO them MATE! To me that looks like a fake email from Dji..

This is how it should look.

***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and DJI Service Center will not receive your reply.

This notice alerts you, DJI Service Center has processed this UPS Returns request. A label has been created and is in transit to the pickup location.

Shipment Detail

Merchandise Description:
DJI Mavic Pro​
Number of Packages:1
Weight:
0.1 LBS​
Reference Number 1:
RMA​
Reference Number 2:
CAS# goes here​

UPS Return Label
Tracking Number:
Tracking number goes here​
UPS Service:
Ground​
Return Service:
UPS Returns, Electronic Return Label​

Pickup From: My address goes here
Return To:
DJI SHIPPING
DJI Service Center
4051 NORTH HIGHWAY 121
STE 100
GRAPEVINE
TX
US​

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
What does it matter who does the repair as long as they are OK with DJI. They must be since DJI sent you the tracking label. Your complaining about two days? I've seen them sit for a full week. Just let them fix it and send it back to you. Your stressing yourself for nothing
DJI had nothing to do with this process. The shipping label did not come from DJI and DJI was never contacted during this exchange. It is just a third-party repair facility, and they are neither authorized nor recommended by DJI.

As you stated though, that doesn't mean that they can't do the work. You just need to take them at their own merit and maybe from past customer reviews.

What does it matter who does the repair as long as they are OK with DJI. They must be since DJI sent you the tracking label.

It later came to light that it was NOT actually DJI he was corresponding with just a company using DJI's name on their website & marketing (which is perfectly normal and allowable). @Arce101 simply didn't pay attention to what he was doing and sent his aircraft to someone he didn't know anything about.

Hi, I'm having issues with my m2zoom to and I called DJI US and I got someone that I couldn't even understand and it seemed like he was reading some random script. but it was a waste of time , my zoom is not functioning properly since I've had it . The zoom button on the right side of the controller doesn't zoom in and out without hesitation or freezing the only way to get it to zoom Is by using my finger on the screen (cs) 5.5 .and still it freezes or looks jumpy not a smooth transition at all . Is this normal for the zoom? Anyway, I need help to understand, I've never crashed or mishandled. also, I shoot in 1080 24,30fps. when trying to use the zoom function. I have refresh but DJI doesn't make me feel confident when I spoke to the technical support, I was like omg, really this is terrible

@FLPilotshark Go check Post #13 - that's the website he used - He was already shown the proper steps and given the correct information. It could have happened to anyone if they didn't pay attention to the fine details.

@Arce101 Good job man - I'm assuming you got your Drone back in a timely matter. At least you figured it out and things will be resolved. Now you have a funny story to tell everyone when they do the same thing in a couple weeks on here. ?

I have taken my MP to Camrise at 1666 Broadway NY DJI authorized dealer. Cool place. This was my 2nd repair with them. They have their service dept in NJ. They took care of my drone both times with promptness and professional. Highly recommend. Ive heard great thing of Thunderdrones work. Not taking anything away from Thunderdone. Just my personal experience with this place in NYC. Not sure where your from but this was convenient for me. I dropped it off and a day later got a quote, I accepted , 2 days later, it was repaired and I picked it up that day.

@FLPilotshark Go check Post #13 - that's the website he used - He was already shown the proper steps and given the correct information. It could have happened to anyone if they didn't pay attention to the fine details.

@Arce101 Good job man - I'm assuming you got your Drone back in a timely matter. At least you figured it out and things will be resolved. Now you have a funny story to tell everyone when they do the same thing in a couple weeks on here. ?

No it’s on it’s way back but check this out last email he sent me not holding my breath thoE88F4D90-7EB1-4B19-918C-967BB98D2AD0.jpegE88F4D90-7EB1-4B19-918C-967BB98D2AD0.jpegE88F4D90-7EB1-4B19-918C-967BB98D2AD0.jpeg

@Arce101 Keep the conversation saved - if they bill you, then think about what you want to do. Test out your drone when you get back and do a couple hover tests, small stuff around an open field. If they fixed it....then good? If you don't feel content, then go through the official services with DJI or get in touch with @Thunderdrones and figure out the next step. I wouldn't worry too much. We all know how much of an investment these toys can be. It's ok to worry just a tad. ?

@Arce101, @bassnbeau well the proper steps were not taken obviously and you would send your drone back to the mfg if it was covered under a warranty. If your done was out of warranty, well ya then I would have sent it to Thunderdrone but that's why you buy the DJI ReFresh Care package for only $120.00 bucks when you go to set up your drone, which gets ya two replacements.

Again, I see no case number what so ever in any of the posts above! I can tell you one thing, it would have happened to me and that's a fact! If you can'T tell that they were not Dji, it's your own fault! All I know if you did not receive a case number well then you clearly YOU CAN SAY GOOOD BYE YOUR DRONE! I mean all you do is go to there website @ 自助寄修-DJI 大疆自助服务中心 and right there is the spot FOR repairs and how your case is coming along. I would love to know how he reached out to Dji? Also, how did you ship it back, did they give him a UPS shipping label as they did with my repair? All he has to do is go to Dji.com and go to the repair screen which is not that hard to find. What person would send their drone back without a 1st a UPS shipping label letting you know where it's being repaired like mine. Also, it's a very simple process but yet some people are so gullible... I mean I JUST don't understand how this could even happen to be honest when all you do is go to their website. I sent Dji a copy of my original receipt and boom a case number was assigned to me. It still baffles me on how you got jacked! WOW, what a very expensive lesson learned. Well, at least you know how to send it back the proper way when you buy a new one. Something smells fishy in the air on this one... All the best and i AM OUT!
FLPilotShark

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 10.11.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 10.11.58 AM.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
@Arce101, @bassnbeau well the proper steps were not taken obviously and you would send your drone back to the mfg if it was covered under a warranty. If your done was out of warranty, well ya then I would have sent it to Thunderdrone but that's why you buy the DJI ReFresh Care package for only $120.00 bucks when you go to set up your drone, which gets ya two replacements.

Again, I see no case number what so ever in any of the posts above! I can tell you one thing, it would have happened to me and that's a fact! If you can'T tell that they were not Dji, it's your own fault! All I know if you did not receive a case number well then you clearly YOU CAN SAY GOOOD BYE YOUR DRONE! I mean all you do is go to there website @ 自助寄修-DJI 大疆自助服务中心 and right there is the spot FOR repairs and how your case is coming along. I would love to know how he reached out to Dji? Also, how did you ship it back, did they give him a UPS shipping label as they did with my repair? All he has to do is go to Dji.com and go to the repair screen which is not that hard to find. What person would send their drone back without a 1st a UPS shipping label letting you know where it's being repaired like mine. Also, it's a very simple process but yet some people are so gullible... I mean I JUST don't understand how this could even happen to be honest when all you do is go to their website. I sent Dji a copy of my original receipt and boom a case number was assigned to me. It still baffles me on how you got jacked! WOW, what a very expensive lesson learned. Well, at least you know how to send it back the proper way when you buy a new one. Something smells fishy in the air on this one... All the best and i AM OUT!
FLPilotShark
Dude what are you talking about it’s on it’s way back I get it on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure