DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does FCC hack work for the Air?

PeteS2017

Reactions
Just recently I learned how you can get more range out of the Mavic Pro by using an Android app that fools your phone or tablet into thinking you are in the USA. A couple of questions:

Does this work with the Mavic Air?

Do you think DJI will plug this loophole soon?

Reactions: bluefireeyes707
Yes it still works, no clue if they will patch it.

Working for me but home me point (Keep showing mobile GPS too weak) and precision landing won’t work after hack.

After changed back to CE mode it work again.

I’m living in Europe

Working for me but home me point (Keep showing mobile GPS too weak) and precision landing won’t work after hack.

I’m living in Europe

Most likely because you have not switched off the GPS floater app.

I’m living in Europe
No problem with home point or precision landing with the FCC hack here.
I live in Europe too.

Reactions: brainvoid
Same here. No issues at all

I’ve no problem with the Mavic Air take off home point, just the Home Me Point (The remote control)

And the distance from the controller showing N/A I’ll try one more tomorrow with FCC mode hope it will work fine.

Attachments

• FC21D8E5-259F-44E5-A79F-883756B87BBE.jpeg
    FC21D8E5-259F-44E5-A79F-883756B87BBE.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 115
I doubt they'll patch it, at least the companies we use at my work for all the regulatory compliance don't care how easy it is to bypass or change settings. Think of all those wireless routers where you literally just have to log in and select a different country from a drop down...

Reactions: atomic77
Am testing today with FCC mode, working again, may be the iPhone hard to pick up GPS signal, it take long time.

On a related matter does the DJI Modded app from the Spark that adds the FCC hack and the Mavic flight modes work for the AIR too ? I'm thinking not since the Air has added modes like Asteroid...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78