DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does new firmware upgrade for mavic 2 drone and controller require latest version of go 4?

Bebopperoo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all, just updated the firmware on my m2 zoom, and can't see any improvements in video feed or range.
I am on go4 version 32. Does this matter? Do i have to update go 4 to version. 36 to get the firmware update to work?, or are they unrel a ted?
Thanks

I believe they are unrelated, but there is no harm in keeping everything up to date.
DJI Go4 is completely stable nowadays.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thanks, i did the update on one phone, and noticed that it automatically showed my position on the map now, even though gps was off. This is new. I tried version 32 and this didn't happen.
The nfz and controlled airspaces have changed slightly also on the map, with the airport nfz now being about 20 metres bigger.
So I'm wary of additional limitations, especially after seeing still poor performance re range and feed quality. CE, but at 1.5km down to one red bar, and very bad feed, still. Country area, clear line of sight, not much wifi.

Haven't tried a range test with 36 yet, will report back for those interested ASAP

Reactions: PimV

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69