DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does P3A have any advantage over Mavic?

bratan

Reactions
Had my P3A for almost a year and love it, except that I just hate hate hate carrying it in huge backpack and it looks very intimidating when I set it up and there are people around...
So seriously thinking of trading it for Mavic Pro. I've read tons of reviews, watched videos, and it seems that Mavic is just better than P3A. But does P3A have ANY advantage over Mavic?
Is it better in the high wind? Is image quality better (since it has large sensor and lens)? What about range?
I do fly in high winds and over long range, and video quality is extremely important to me.

But does P3A have ANY advantage over Mavic?

I can think of one advantage. If you crash it, you wont feel as bad as crashing a Mavic. ;)

Is it better in the high wind?

Mavic is better in high winds, less bulk for the wind to push around and the Mav is much more stable in a hover.

Is image quality better (since it has large sensor and lens)? What about range?

Mavic winds hands down in both categories with stock controller.

Mavic can't shoot high frame rates (above 30 anyways), so P3A is better there. I mean, I guess it can.. but it is total garbage.

If none of the Mavic features were better than Phantom, I would buy it for it's portability alone. Throw everything in the Mavic bag(it really is good), including 3 batteries, throw the strap over my shoulder and head anywhere on your bike or jet plane. No big suitcase. So that and every feature on the Mavic is better. You won't go back. I'm selling my P3P

Reactions: newguy and Stride8
Had my P3A for almost a year and love it, except that I just hate hate hate carrying it in huge backpack and it looks very intimidating when I set it up and there are people around...
So seriously thinking of trading it for Mavic Pro. I've read tons of reviews, watched videos, and it seems that Mavic is just better than P3A. But does P3A have ANY advantage over Mavic?
Is it better in the high wind? Is image quality better (since it has large sensor and lens)? What about range?
I do fly in high winds and over long range, and video quality is extremely important to me.

PS3 is better for indoor flight as you can set it to ATTI mode. Mavic has no way to manually change to that mode. If you get partial GPS with mavic indoor flight will be bad.

Reactions: Mike357
Camera is better on P3. Portability is better on Mavic. The Phantom line is tested and true. Mavic is new territory.

The main selling point is the portability of the Mavic. I took it with me to Hawaii couple months ago and was able to bring other gear in my bag (gopro's, DSLR, etc.). To add to the selling point, the Mavic has obstacle sensors, VPS, and its just a tad more discrete than the Phantom.

I feel you on the setting it up part. It became a hassle to me sometimes and when you take it out of your backpack, its already attracting attention. I carry my mavic in a lowepro passport sling but you wouldn't know it and doesn't take long to whip it out and start flying when the moment comes.

Reason why I sold my P3P..=).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998