DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does quickshot have its own independent video settings?

paulatkin73

Reactions
Hi,

somehow i never even bothered to try those quickshots modes and today i took a 'dronie' one, very quick, just to try it out. i did not pay much attention to what what in there, but, i can bet on the screen it only popped a question about mode, about distance, then offered to put a box around the object and press 'GO'. ok, done.

now, at home, i look at the clip it recorded - the .mov file it made is in h.264
my default settings for video are h.265 dlog-m. after that clip i did an active track session with my son running around - it traced him perfectly and that whole clip is in h.265, as it should.

so, what gives? are quickshots separate in settings from other videos or does it just 'default' into h.264? it kept the HQ mode in both situations.

Hi,

somehow i never even bothered to try those quickshots modes and today i took a 'dronie' one, very quick, just to try it out. i did not pay much attention to what what in there, but, i can bet on the screen it only popped a question about mode, about distance, then offered to put a box around the object and press 'GO'. ok, done.

now, at home, i look at the clip it recorded - the .mov file it made is in h.264
my default settings for video are h.265 dlog-m. after that clip i did an active track session with my son running around - it traced him perfectly and that whole clip is in h.265, as it should.

so, what gives? are quickshots separate in settings from other videos or does it just 'default' into h.264? it kept the HQ mode in both situations.

Are you looking at the DJI Go 4 rendered “quickshot” or the video downloaded from the SD card?

I know it uses its own camera settings but I didn’t even think about the format. You wouldn’t think it would matter but it sounds like from what you are saying that yes that’s the case.

Are you looking at the DJI Go 4 rendered “quickshot” or the video downloaded from the SD card?
I know it uses its own camera settings but I didn’t even think about the format. You wouldn’t think it would matter but it sounds like from what you are saying that yes that’s the case.

i talk about the video recorded onto the SD card in the bird. the original one. realistically, those quickshots have little value, i never used them, but, still, it was odd. will try to find some time to watch youtubes on that topic. other thing that i did not like much - i could not get out of that quickshot mode easily. but, a switch to S and then back to P helped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf