DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does Smart Controller work with Flight Simulator?

Marty Markoe

Reactions
Site
www.martymarkoephotography.com
Have downloaded and installed the free DJI Flight Simulator. For the life of me it will not run. The program installed in the Program Files (x86) folder. When the program is started, I logon with my DJI account. There is a clickable button to Install. It offers to install from the Default directory or modify install to A:\DSF. No matter which directory pointed to, an error message appears with the choices Abort or Retry. Choosing either is to no avail.

On the DJI Smart Controller forum it was first suggested to install USB drivers from the program directory. Did this though they were already installed. Still could not get past the error message. Next someone suggested turning off anti-virus and reinstall. Still same problem.

Has anyone actually gotten the free version of Flight Simulator to work? If so, any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Marty Markoe
Part 107 Certified

Marty:

I think I tried it when I first got the SC, and it worked...but I will try it again later tonight and report back to you unless someone else responds.

I did not think that it worked. Be cool if it did.

Got it to work, finally. In retrospect it was quite confusing. First you download and install the DJI Launcher. Then it wants to download and install the Flight Simulator software. This seems like an unnecessary 2 step dance.

What the problem for me was, the Launcher software asked to be pointed to the Installation directory. This was C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator. This is where the error kept appearing. By chance I pointed at just C:\Program Files (x86)\ and then the Launcher successfully launched the Installer. After installation Flight Simulator worked with DJI GO4 on the Smart Controller.

The trial program was underwhelming. There seems to be one scenario, flying over a farm. There may be more but I ran out of time to explore, Considering how graphics programs today are almost realistic, this one seemed to be the quality of 10 or more years ago.

I agree! The graphics do suck for the sim mode. I do wish they upgrade. I’m sure other programs will allow use of the controller, least on the SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear