DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dog Sled Race filmed with Mavic

Very COOL video. Thanks.
It was funny to see how many "fender benders" and "rear enders" there were in some spots.
Reminded me a bit of normal rush hour happenings.
:)Thumbswayup

Reactions: MikeC
Fun!

Did you have an ND filter on, to keep the shutter speed in that 30fps : 1/60 shutter kind of ratio?

Great footage! I really liked the semi-close side shot running alongside the dogs and then the distant rising shot from behind revealing the incredible mountains. I would have loved to see some overhead-looking-down footage as the dog sleds traveled through the trail in the forest. A close follow from behind would have been awesome as well, but I'm sure there's a subtle balance between getting good close footage and being a distraction for the dogs (especially during a race). Looked like you walked the line well on that. Thanks for sharing!

Great footage! I really liked the semi-close side shot running alongside the dogs and then the distant rising shot from behind revealing the incredible mountains. I would have loved to see some overhead-looking-down footage as the dog sleds traveled through the trail in the forest. A close follow from behind would have been awesome as well, but I'm sure there's a subtle balance between getting good close footage and being a distraction for the dogs (especially during a race). Looked like you walked the line well on that. Thanks for sharing!
You are right. Some dogs love to chase the drone. There was also an Inspire filming as well so we each took one side of the trail to stay out of each other's way.

No filter, filmed at 24fps. I have not used a filter all winter.

I suppose that should be fine, but I was really asking about was the shutter speed compared to it. The general rule around here, which seems to work, is to have a shutter speed that's about double the frame rate. If you don't use a filter and have a shutter speed that's a whole lot faster (than approx 1/50th) your footage won't be smooth.

I'd give it a try, use a filter if you have one during the daylight hours to be able to knock down the shutter speed, or try a shot timed early or late in the day where 1/50th is the right speed without a filter and see what you think.

I suppose that should be fine, but I was really asking about was the shutter speed compared to it. The general rule around here, which seems to work, is to have a shutter speed that's about double the frame rate. If you don't use a filter and have a shutter speed that's a whole lot faster (than approx 1/50th) your footage won't be smooth.

I'd give it a try, use a filter if you have one during the daylight hours to be able to knock down the shutter speed, or try a shot timed early or late in the day where 1/50th is the right speed without a filter and see what you think.
I am very experienced with filters. I have been using them for years. Sometimes I choose to fly without them and am happy with the results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke